FORUMS: list search recent posts

Videos laggyish for some reason

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Herman Yn
Videos laggyish for some reason
on Aug 6, 2014 at 11:00:25 pm

Hi. Was wondering if someone can help me. I never had this problem before but today it suddenly started.
I have some videos that look good and run perfectly smooth but something is messing up when I put them in sony vegas. When I put them in sony vegas pro 12, they look kind of laggyish and after rendering they are also kind of laggyish. It does not look like the original video. This only happens with certain videos and I don't know why. The original videos look 30 fps, but after rendering and in sony vegas preview, it looks like 25 fps or something.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

john bolton
Re: Videos laggyish for some reason
on Aug 7, 2014 at 7:26:19 am

Hello Herman.

You say " This only happens with certain videos and I don't know why".

Are all the videos from the same source?.
What is the actual media?
What does Vegas identify is as?
What are you rendering it as?

Need a bit more information..

John

Return to posts index

Herman Yn
on Aug 7, 2014 at 9:18:05 pm

Hi. I am working with gaming footage. I have some 1080p gaming footage I recorded that doesn't lag at all in sony vegas. But I also have some 720p videos that I rendered before and I am reusing those videos for a new video. When I open those 720p videos in a video player, it is perfectly smooth and normal but when I open them in sony vegas, they are laggy and also look laggy after rendering. I have no idea why. I did something like this before and it wasn't laggy.

They are 720p mp4 files (that I rendered before) and I am rendering them as 720p mp4 files, with the same render settings I always use (which is at 30 fps).

Return to posts index

john bolton
on Aug 9, 2014 at 7:47:55 am

Hello Herman. Just for a test, open Vegas and use the Match Media Settings to set the Project by selecting the 720 MP4 and then render it. See if it renders OK. I know you many of already done this but just need to work out what it is not.....

Is the final output 1080 or 720

John

Return to posts index

john bolton
on Aug 9, 2014 at 7:50:31 am

Return to posts index

Herman Yn
on Aug 19, 2014 at 8:49:52 pm

Hi. Sorry for not replying for a long time. I thought that fixed it but it didn't. It looked smoother in the preview but after rendering, it is still laggier than the original video. It doesn't look as smooth. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

john bolton
on Aug 20, 2014 at 7:28:22 am

Hi Herman. Maybe you can explain in a bit more detail what " Laggyish " looks like. Do you mean it is jumpy or hesitant, etc

Return to posts index

Herman Yn
on Aug 20, 2014 at 9:06:19 pm

By laggy I meant it looked lower than 30 fps. The original looked 30 fps (smooth), but the video in sony vegas and after rendering looked like 25 fps.

I managed to fix it though. The only way I could fix it was by rerendering the footage in a different video editor. Not sure why but the video didn't lag in a different video editor I used and after I rendered it from there, the new rerendered video didn't lag in sony vegas anymore. After trying lots of different things in Sony Vegas, this was the only thing that worked.

It was also fine after I rendered the new video in vegas.

Return to posts index

john bolton
on Aug 21, 2014 at 6:39:07 am

Hello Herman. Thanks for the explanation. It is a bit strange that Vegas did not do what you wanted it to and I can't think of a reason why, but as long as you have fixed it then that's great.. Regards John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]