FORUMS: list search recent posts

Speed up slow down clips

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Champion
Speed up slow down clips
on Jul 8, 2014 at 4:54:24 am

I've been gone from here for 6 months and it is amazing how much I have forgotten!! I've sped up and slowed down numerous clips by holding the cursor on the right side of the clip. press 'ctrl', the zigzag line appears and the clip either speeds up or slows down depending on which way I move it...... except for now. The zigzag appears, but the frame does not move no matter which way I try to move it. What am I doing wrong? I usually use a mouse to do it, but this time I am just using the pad on the laptop. Is that the problem or I have I just overlooked some elementary step that I used to know?

Not all who wander are lost.

Return to posts index

Christopher Griego
Re: Speed up slow down clips
on Jul 8, 2014 at 11:30:24 am

There is an alternative way to do this. Right click on the event and hover over "Insert/Remove Envelope" you should be able to select an option called Velocity. This will create a line that you can move up and down inside of the clip. Moving it up increases the speed that clip plays and moving it down decreases it. You can also add points to the line to make the velocity accelerate and decelerate.

Hope that helps!

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Jul 8, 2014 at 1:30:36 pm

Another method is to to right click on the event, choose Properties and raise or lower the Playback rate setting. Remember to shorten or stretch the clip to compensate for the new length.

Return to posts index

Randy Champion
on Jul 9, 2014 at 12:59:43 am

I forgot to mention that I am only using Movie Studion HD 11.0

Not all who wander are lost.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Jul 9, 2014 at 1:01:49 am

Movie Studio doesn't have the velocity envelope option but the Properties technique should work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]