FORUMS: list search recent posts

MP4s and Sony Vegas Pro

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Batisah
MP4s and Sony Vegas Pro
on Apr 20, 2014 at 12:31:36 am

Hi - forgive me for asking this as I'm sure it's been asked already (I did an extensive Google and CC.net search and found a plethora of answers, however, many were conflicting and - long story short - after downloading a number of codecs I ended up having to do a system restore so I figured it would be better to start fresh) ... I have Sony Vegas Pro 8.0 and was wondering if there was any relatively simple way to get it to recognize MP4 files?

Currently when I drag and drop a MP4 there is no video, just blackness. I have to convert the MP4 to a different format first and then add to to Vegas. Do I need to just update my version of Vegas? (I use it so rarely I've been reticent to do that.)

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: MP4s and Sony Vegas Pro
on Apr 20, 2014 at 11:09:37 am

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you do need a newer version of Vegas. I've run into this problem too. Pro 8 will not open mp4 or mov files while Pro 10 will.

Return to posts index

Mark Batisah
on Apr 20, 2014 at 6:06:39 pm

Thanks much - that answers my question!

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Apr 20, 2014 at 10:02:12 pm

You're welcome Mark. If you don't need all the tools that Vegas Pro has, buying one of the many different versions of Movie Studio is a cheaper option than a new version of Vegas Pro, even with the introductory Pro 13 upgrade price.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]