FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why does an image randomly blink a couple times throughout my videos? (Sony Vegas 12)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Pearce
Why does an image randomly blink a couple times throughout my videos? (Sony Vegas 12)
on Oct 2, 2014 at 6:51:18 pm

Every video I render seems to have 1 or 2 instances of an image quickly flashing, like a subliminal message. The videos I've been rendering are anywhere from 25minutes to 30minutes in length, if that's any indicator.

At 6:54, in the video above for example, a logo blinks. But if I scroll through my Vegas project I don't see an image that would blink for a very short time.

The problem exists in the rendered video, even before uploaded to YouTube.

Here's my project settings and render settings

Return to posts index

Phil Peacock
Re: Why does an image randomly blink a couple times throughout my videos? (Sony Vegas 12)
on Oct 3, 2014 at 9:41:39 am

Daniel, do you recognise the logo at all? Is it something in your files? Something you have used before and you are perhaps re-using the veg file maybe, although now re-edited. It looks either like a lower thirds or track motion is involved although I can't isolate the frame to see better.
Have you checked ALL of your tracks? (scrolled up and down on your timeline.) I know, a basic question but usually there is a basic answer to these things.

Return to posts index

Daniel Pearce
Re: Why does an image randomly blink a couple times throughout my videos? (Sony Vegas 12)
on Oct 4, 2014 at 3:35:01 pm

Hi Phil, thanks for the response.

I recognise the logo, it's my own, like the one in the top right corner, but its the black logo version, rather than transparent text one (and obviously it's larger in size). I've checked all my tracks and there's no clip of it. Nor is there any set keyframes with it. I only have the black one in my project media and not on any of the tracks anywhere.

At 3:36 the same blink of that logo happens. Also, at 21:57 the logo in the top right hand corner blinks (there's no deliberate attempt to make it blink in the project again, I've checked all tracks).

What is lower thirds?

Return to posts index

Phil Peacock
on Oct 5, 2014 at 12:12:31 pm

Well, not sure. I am wondering if you are using a nested project .veg file? If you have thoroughly checked your time line and cannot see any other tracks that could be causing this, then I can't think of any other solution. Are you seeing it on timeline playback? Or only after rendering. If it is on the time line then maybe you can head to where it 'flickers' and mute the track. If you only have that one track then obviously you will not see the logo flash. If it still flashes even though the rest of the playback is black then, well, that will be very interesting!!

Lower thirds is just a track overlay that basically just throws, generally some text and a simple logo or graphic, on the lower third of the screen over the main action; think news witness names etc.

Return to posts index

Daniel Pearce
on Oct 6, 2014 at 8:25:32 pm

I've googled nesting projects, but I don't think I'm doing that. I'm opening the project on my laptop on Vegas 12 (for a faster rendering time), when I have done most of the editing on my desktop computer.
I was wondering if it was something to do with my rendering settings.
By your description, I'm not using any lower thirds overlay, no.

Thanks again for your help Phil, it's not too much to worry over at the end of the day.

Return to posts index

Phil Peacock
on Oct 9, 2014 at 9:53:53 am

Thinking about what you last said, I wonder if the problem lies on your edits on the first computer. Not sure how you are transfering your project across but, is it possible that you are using a previously rendered file with the logo flash already on it? If so, yo will not find it on a second track but will have to go back to the original project to correct it all.

And I guess at the end of the day , since it is only a fram e or so, you should be able to cut the errant frames out without too much hassle. Nice footage otherwise.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]