FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shift audio track against video track?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Malcolm Ranald
Shift audio track against video track?
on Mar 25, 2014 at 2:53:31 pm

Hello

I'm a total newbie with video, and need to find in Vegas Movie Studio HD how to shift audio against video because the files I shot with my camcorder have an audio delay.

According to MediaInfo, the first file shows a "Delay relative to video" of -80ms, while the last three files show a delay of -272ms.

I googled for this, but didn't find how to move the audio track around. Is there a simple way to do this?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: Shift audio track against video track?
on Mar 25, 2014 at 5:17:08 pm

When you import a file that has both audio and video Vegas defaults to grouping the two events together. Therefore they move and trim together.

To temporarily ignore the event grouping, use the Ignore event grouping tool on the toolbar and then you can shift the audio relative to the video. Then do not forget to restore the toolbar button back to its previous state.

You can also ungroup or group events via the right click context menu.

You can move the snap offset position on the audio and then snap the audio to the start of the video. The snap offset is little white triangle in the low left corner of the event of the event.

As for moving a specific number of milliseconds, I do not know, but it must be an even multiple of frames and Vegas defaults to quantizing events on frame boundaries.

Return to posts index

Edward Troxel
on Mar 26, 2014 at 6:51:12 pm

ou can also ungroup or group events by selecting the event(s) and pressing "U".

U = Ungroup
G = Group

Edward Troxel

Return to posts index

Malcolm Ranald
on Mar 27, 2014 at 1:08:49 am

Thanks guys.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]