FORUMS: list search recent posts

slow motion confusion

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
andy abulafia
slow motion confusion
on May 6, 2014 at 3:19:18 am

Dear team- couple of questions for you, appreciate any thoughts!

Vegas 11 w/Nikon D5200 (I am recording @ 60i)

1. Slow-motion - can you explain (for a newbie like me) the correct relationship between shutter speed and good slow motion for those of us using the Vegas 11 native slow-motion tool? I’ve read around the subject a little and I still don’t get it. If it’s a high shutter speed then I am comfortable with the idea that the image in that frame is sharper and therefore a better candidate for software (like Twixtor) to do some math with and figure out missing frames to make a nice slow motion. However, if I am using the regular Vegas tool to stretch the clip (I wish I had Twixtor but it seems too high-end $$$ for me) I am using double-the-frame-rate rule as my shutter speed. But as my images are jittery surely it would make sense to lower the shutter speed and make things more blurry? I would *love* blurry right now... My clips are mostly close-ups of pets and some of my kids. Oh, one more sub-question :-) if I use the Vegas slow-motion tool on clips from my Sony camcorder (HDR-CX430V HD Handycam Camcorder) they seem really decent in comparison. Maybe it’s a Nikon thing? Maybe it’s me?! :-)

2. Is there a way to determine shutter speed in Vegas or any other tool... afterwards? I have hundreds of clips, and I was messing around with the shutter speeds and ISO settings so much I have no idea what I did. Would be nice to see what is successful in slo-mo and what isn’t

3. Undoing Vegas slo-mo completely. I've noticed that even if I reset the speed to 1.0 … the jitteriness (that I had left over from the slomo) still persists! Is that a defect or again is that just me

thanks for help
aa

Return to posts index

john bolton
Re: slow motion confusion
on May 8, 2014 at 7:24:21 am

Can you upload a small sample of the original video so that we can see what is it like and see what can be tried as it will be easier to offer some advice. Twixtor does make life a lot easier where I have needed to slow things down.

What % are you trying to slow it down?

Return to posts index

andy abulafia
Re: slow motion confusion
on May 8, 2014 at 1:53:10 am

thoughts, anyone?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]