FORUMS: list search recent posts

GoPro is pillarboxing in YouTube

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamie Carsten
GoPro is pillarboxing in YouTube
on May 31, 2014 at 2:35:56 pm

Hi guys,

I am working with footage from two different GoPro's in a video I am trying to put together. Footage from one of the GoPro's (thankfully, the one I am only using a few clips of) is pillarboxed in YouTube.

Vegas is telling me the pillarboxed videos are 1920 x 1440 x 12 (what does the 12 mean incidentally?) at 23.976fps (don't think frame rate is important to this but have included it just in case), where as the other clips in the video, which fit YouTube perfectly, are 1920 x 1080 x 12 at 29.970fps.

I hate black bars and for the 1920x1440 videos, I would rather zoom in and have some of the image cut-off, as well as perhaps some reduction in video quality, than have any form of pillarboxing. Problem is, I can't see where to do this in Vegas Pro. Can anyone kindly provide me with a solution?

Thank you

Jamie

Return to posts index

Derek Stewardson
Re: GoPro is pillarboxing in YouTube
on Jun 2, 2014 at 5:33:44 pm

Jamie, how is the quality of the GoPro footage? I've been thinking of getting one.

Return to posts index

john bolton
on Jun 1, 2014 at 7:52:22 am

Sound like one of the GoPro's is 1080p and the other is HDV 1440 and the 1440 of course look squashed as it is captured in a 4x4 chip. Have you tried the Match Output Aspec in the Pan and Crop window. What are your Template settings and do you change them for the 1440 GoPro?

Return to posts index

Jamie Carsten
on Jun 1, 2014 at 9:36:52 am

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. I went back into pan crop again following your advice and worked it out (right clicking on the image in pan crop) and going to match output aspect as you stated.

Thanks for resolving this for me!

Cheers
Jamie

Return to posts index

john bolton
on Jun 1, 2014 at 12:34:09 pm

That's great. Hope you can now complete the project.. Regards John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]