FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVI files suddenly stopped working?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Connagh Muldoon
AVI files suddenly stopped working?
on Jun 4, 2014 at 4:23:17 pm

Hey all,

I've been making a video with some footage from a game, taken by Fraps and in AVI format.

I've been working on the project for a couple of days, and today I pressed a wrong button or something in Vegas and the interface went a bit strange (the media library vanished and the preview window filled the top of the screen).

I figured I could fix it by relaunching Vegas, so I saved the work so far and closed Vegas.

When I tried to open the project again, all the video content was black and said "Media offline". When I tried to point it at the correct video file when it asked about the "missing" file (despite it not moving at all) it said the file could not be found, even though I was pointing it directly at the file.

If I try to drag the file into Vegas, it says the file cannot be played. If I try to import it or open it in any way, it doesn't even appear in the file explorer!

What's going on? Vegas has just decided suddenly that it doesn't like AVI files. If I can't fix this, the entire project is scrap metal. I can't even start from scratch because Vegas won't load the file anymore.

Any help would be super appreciated, thank you!

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: AVI files suddenly stopped working?
on Jun 15, 2014 at 8:37:52 pm

[Connagh Muldoon] "What's going on? Vegas has just decided suddenly that it doesn't like AVI files. If I can't fix this, the entire project is scrap metal. I can't even start from scratch because Vegas won't load the file anymore."
Well... not all AVI files... just AVI files that contain FRAPS apparently. You might try re-installing FRAPS. One other option is to convert all of the footage to Motion-JPEG with a tool like AviDemux 2.5:

Since you will still have AVI files in the end, you should be able to move the FRAPS files to a different folder and move the M-JPEG to where the FRAPS files where and Vegas Pro should just pick them up and continue to use them.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]