FORUMS: list search recent posts

Slow motion is reducing clip length

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Cooper
Slow motion is reducing clip length
on Jun 25, 2014 at 2:15:15 am

Ive been experimenting with the slow motion options with a particular clip on the time line. I wasn't totally happy with the results obtained by dragging a clip over to the right while holding down Ctrl. Right-clicking on Properties and changing the playback rate resulted in smoother looking slow motion. However, there is a problem with this second method. It seems to shorten the duration of the clip. If I alter the playback rate very slightly, most of the clip's duration is retained. However, the lower the frame rate I set, the shorter the clip becomes. Basically, the clip cuts off very abruptly before it reaches the end. Very strange. Is there some setting that I'm missing or have overlooked?

Return to posts index

Phil Peacock
Re: Slow motion is reducing clip length
on Jun 25, 2014 at 8:34:06 am

By slowing down the speed at which your clip plays back you are lengthening the time it will take to play the whole clip through of course. I think what you need to do is to drag the edge of the clip till you arrive at the point where the clip starts to loop again or to where you want the clip to finish, which ever is earliest. The loop point can be identified as the point at which a small inverted notch appears on the top edge of the timeline clip.
Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Patrick Cooper
on Jun 25, 2014 at 11:42:01 am

When I tried dragging the clip, I didn't find the results smooth enough for my liking. Changing the frame rate in Properties gave nicer looking results but unfortunately cuts the clip short.

Return to posts index

Phil Peacock
on Jun 25, 2014 at 12:28:46 pm

I understand although I am not sure why this would happen doing it like this but what I meant was to drag it AFTER you have changed the playback rate.

Return to posts index

Edward Troxel
on Jun 25, 2014 at 6:45:15 pm

CTRL+Drag simply changes the playback rate. By manually changing the playback rate you are doing the exact same thing except you are specifying an exact value. Either way, you're changing the playback rate.

When you manually change the playback rate, the length of the event on the timeline does not change - it just plays more slowly. Therefore, after changing the playback rate you must make the event longer for the whole event to now play.

Edward Troxel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]