FORUMS: list search recent posts

Awesome sci fi web series seeking VFX and Web gurus

COW Forums : JOBS Offered - Low/No Pay

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Bollow
Awesome sci fi web series seeking VFX and Web gurus
on Oct 15, 2008 at 2:16:29 am

Okay, so, here's the deal.

We're putting together an awesome sci fi web series, and it incorporates VFX (things like explosions and some high-tech stuff), and I'm looking for someone to help out with the 3D and compositing work. Probably gonna use 3DS or Maya, and AE, but I'm open. (I can do some of it, but I'd really prefer to have somebody else doing it, as my hands are pretty full as it is.) You'll need your own gear, and I would PREFER if you were in Los Angeles, so I can meet you and see your work in person. That said, if you're elsewhere, don't be afraid to put your hand up.

We also need a (probably separate) Web Guru that can do streaming flash as well as some backend stuff. We're thinking PHP/Linux, and I can give you the whole website concept if you're enthusiastic about it.

But here's the catch.

We've got no budget.

Like, nothing.

So we need creative people with vision. It's a truly awesome show, and if you like sci fi, you're going to love it. So we really only want people who can get excited, and are happy to come on board initially without pay. There may be pay later as we draw in viewers, but initially there's no pay, and we can't pay retroactively. We do expect to pay people at a certain point, but for now this isn't negotiable, because we'll be distributing the show online for free.

The upside is that our marketing plan is also awesome, and we expect this thing to find a massive audience. So your work will be seen by (eventually) millions of people, and having this gig on your resume will be a head-turner. (And just being a part of it will be downright exciting.)

If you're interested, you can email me at
embryofilmsAThot-mail(WithoutTheHyphen)DOTcom
(Ah, the things we have to do to avoid the spambots, huh? Remember the days when we could actually LINK to an email address??)

Please include links to any work you've done online, and email your resume (or a link to it).

Any questions, don't hesitate to let me know.

You can also follow me on Twitter for updates. twitter.com/jeffbollow

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]