FORUMS: list search recent posts

Freelance Filmmakers Wanted

COW Forums : JOBS Offered - Low/No Pay

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Benton
Freelance Filmmakers Wanted
on Aug 19, 2008 at 2:53:31 pm

Demand Studios is seeking talented, independent filmmakers to take part in free-lance video program. Filmmakers will produce short instructional videos for many of Demand Media's high profile websites. This program allows filmmakers to hone their technical abilities on paid assignments. Filmmakers work on their own schedule, from their own locations, and receive worldwide exposure for their work.

The Demand Studios Filmmaker Program offers you:

• High paying freelance work
- Work part time to supplement other jobs or earn a full time living with us.

• Flexible schedules
- Produce videos on your own time, at your own pace.

• Work from home
- You can produce your videos and work from anywhere around the world.

• You choose your assignments
- We provide you with a large variety of video titles across over 25 categories.
- Choose the titles that interest you most, or are the most convenient for you to shoot.

About us:

Demand Studios powers video content for over 50 of Demand Media's highly trafficked websites,including Livestrong.com, ExpertVillage.com, eHow.com, and many others. Demand's instructional video content reaches over 30 million people worldwide every month. Demand Studios offers filmmakers the opportunity to reach a passionate audience and make money for videos they create. For more information, visit our FAQ page.

To join the Demand Studios Filmmaker Program, please visit our website, http://www.demandstudios.com to complete our online application. Once you are a registered filmmaker, you can browse current titles and claim your first assignment.

Return to posts index

David Smith
Re: Freelance Filmmakers Wanted
on Aug 20, 2008 at 2:01:28 am

Hi Guys!

Interested to explore possibilities of working with you.

Have been running my own independent film/video company, imaginACTION since 1987, producing a wide range of programs including broadcast documentaries, medical, health and educational material for DVD and web. Won the Australian Achiever Award for best Video, Audio and Film Services in Australia.

Work with my son, Denby, who runs a recording/video studio, Red Hood Studio, and also works in video projects with me.

Happy to send a CV. Check my very simple website http://www.imaginaction.net.au

Cheers
David

Dr David Smith
Director, imaginACTION
Melbourne, Australia

Return to posts index

Richard Benton
on Aug 21, 2008 at 5:35:38 pm

Any filmmakers interested in pursuing the program must go to http://www.demandstudios.com to apply (as it says at the bottom of original post). You may register for the program at that site, and we will then contact you based on your registration. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Sam Heighton
on Sep 10, 2008 at 2:09:03 am

Retiring from a 20 year video production business in a small town. Looking for freelance editing.

Sam Heighton
HEIGHTONe Video Productions
Ironton, Ohio
heightron@safesurge.com
740 532 7951
Cell 740 533 7951

Return to posts index

Guilherme Guimaraes
on Sep 16, 2008 at 7:01:37 pm

I just sign in the website.

Please let me know if you guys are interested.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Peter Ward
on Oct 3, 2008 at 10:27:19 pm

They're conning us into shooting on spec for them--

"Once your assignment is accepted, you will receive your payment on the following Friday through PayPal." (cf. FAQ page--http://www.expertvillage.com/submit/faq.aspx#q1)

I mean, if the work's something you don't mind doing anyway, I suppose it's fine...but it's the freelancers who bear all the risks (I presume they retain the rights to it either way). A lame deal, IMO.

Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]