FORUMS: list search recent posts

Night of the Living Dead: Reanimated

COW Forums : JOBS Offered - Low/No Pay

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcow
Mike Schneider
Night of the Living Dead: Reanimated
on Jul 18, 2008 at 7:14:01 pm

Night of the Living Dead: Reanimated is a mass collaborative re-envisioning of the classic George Romero Film (Night of the Living Dead, 1968).

Artists/ Animators/ Film Makers/ and Illustrators each grant their own vision and hand to recreating the scene(s) of their choosing.
The work will be assembled into a time line and grant the film a completely new video track.

After it is completed, the video will have both online and DVD releases.

More information: http://www.neoflux-animator.com/notldr/notldr.html
Sample Clip:

Deadline is Sept 12th.

If you have any questions contact shenlon@hotmail.com

-Mike Schneider

Return to posts index

Matthew Morrow
Re: Night of the Living Dead: Reanimated
on Jul 21, 2008 at 1:36:21 pm

Hi Mike,

This sounds like a very interesting project.

One quesiton for you,
Is it a paying gig?

Thanks,
Matthew

Return to posts index

Mike Schneider
Re: Night of the Living Dead: Reanimated
on Jul 21, 2008 at 5:01:30 pm

The piece is a non-paying gig.

The release is non-profit generating. Online distribution is naturally free access. The DVD release has the profit share kept to zero so the DVD's can be cheap and sell in large numbers. The film has also received festival requests for once it's complete. Over all with various means of free access and a huge world wide fan base which is actively seeking new directions for the genre... it should have an excellent spread and act to get your work out to a large audience.

The one thing that I do have to offer is that I am changing the way that end credits are structured. Apart from the names, everyone will be accredited with their e-mail address and web sites/ web galleries so people can go and view their work.

Because it's creative commons in license and artists retain the rights to their original work. Each artist may choice to market the artifacts of his or her process. They may cell the original illustrations or key frames as art objects, use images from their sequence as merchandise through cafe press or other fabricators, or simply use their work as a portfolio builder when seeking commissioned work. No matter what their work is presented before a large fan base and outside of the film itself, it is his/ hers to do with as they see fit.

I hope that you decide to participate and if you do I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

-Mike Schneider

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]