FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDV editor needed

COW Forums : JOBS Offered - Low/No Pay

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Conrad Wade
HDV editor needed
on Jul 7, 2008 at 9:11:05 pm

aloha,
I recently found a fabulous SD editor that is fumbling my HDV content.

I have shot 2 episodes of a 3 episode pilot for broadcast in Hawaii.

The show is a leisure/travelog shot in some of the most beautiful locations in the world. We have an incredible staff (on screen talent, sound engineer, hd d.p.) that has created compelling stories.

We are looking for someone to edit this down for us on the cheap/ free. We need someone who is creative and technically savvy to help us get our message across. i will make a rough cut of the footage, unless you would just like to import yourself.

we have some incredible footage from top restaurants, to plane wrecks on the ocean floor, and some heart touching stories filmed on beautiful beaches and a sculptors studio.

-------
Aloha - buzz me @ ( eight O eight ) 7twoTHREE - four1sixONE
-------

Return to posts index

Conrad Wade
Re: HDV editor needed
on Jul 7, 2008 at 9:21:43 pm

i should mention that im on a bit of a deadline for the footage. i would like someone to be as quick as possible in editing this into broadcast-able segments.

I'm hoping that the finals can be completed with in 1 week of receiving footage (not sure if we will need to send in mail)

This is a great opportunity for someone with the skills but with out the portfolio. This project could quickly put well shot bright tropical footage, being actively broadcast as the cornerstone of your portfolio/resume.

-------
-------

Return to posts index

John Stanowski
on Jul 8, 2008 at 3:37:28 am

Hi, how long are the episodes? What time to they have to come in at? Do they need breaks for commercials? Will it really go on air or is this on spec? Is there some form of script? VO's? Do you have music? Do you need motion graphics? What format is the video in? Can you deliver it as files?

I'm very interested and would gladly take a stab at it at no cost to you. I've been looking to do just this sort of thing because just as you said, there are those who need portfolio material.

I'm currently editing a free music video for a former American Idol singer but that should be completed soon (or can be put on hold if necessary). I've also created 3 templates for broadcast spots and made about 100 commercials so far based off them. Besides, broadcast I also have experience with After Effects.

I can call if there are too many questions.

John Stanowski

Return to posts index

Conrad Wade
on Jul 8, 2008 at 3:50:00 am

how long are the episodes? 30 mins

What time to they have to come in at? 23 mins

Do they need breaks for commercials? yes there will be 2 large commercial breaks in between 3 segments

Will it really go on air or is this on spec? this will broadcast. well... i should say, the show will broadcast.

Is there some form of script? yes there is... its more of a story board though

VO's? some not much... would prefer to add them after pieced together. we have the ability to capture incredible audio.

Do you have music? yes

Do you need motion graphics? yes - can look for additional help for this if need be.

What format is the video in? HDV currently on tape, will put in what ever format you want.

Can you deliver it as files? yes

if any one is serious about taking on the job...call me, i often cant log into cc to repost. Thank You

-------
-------

Return to posts index

Conrad Wade
on Sep 28, 2008 at 8:57:10 pm

Aloha,
I am still looking to fill this position.

We are unfortunately now working on a very fast deadline. The station is begging us for our first episodes. The show could broadcast in october if we can some how get this edited professionally. If possible i would very much like to put a hard drive in the mail to you immediately. i am happy to do the rough edit, but generational quality loss is a big concern.

To make this project even more delish, we have now shot about 15 segments for 6 episodes. and have taken a somewhat cinematic approach to the transitions between segments. Furthermore, our key sponsor (who gives us comps not cash) has recently awarded us a full blown commercial. This is a very large company and will serve most peoples portfolio very well.

Our biggest concerns right now are the rough cut (so we can lay down a narrative track.

i would very much like to find someone that has an hdv deck or camera to capture tapes, as we are often traveling and an additional hard drive is one more expensive/priceless thing we dont want to drag around. i currently have 2 external hard drives (320g and 750g) and dont mind mailing them back and forth, it just seems that tapes would be the way to go.

As a side note, we have a stunningly beautiful model that is employed full time under our production. if you have a need for footage with her, we can supplement compensation with shoots of her... i.e. if your working on another commercial project/tv show/ etc, we would be happy to put her on a mountain/waterfall/beach somewhere in Hawaii reciting lines for your other projects (no nudity of course)

Thank you!

-------
-------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]