FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for advice/mentorship on grading project..

COW Forums : JOBS Offered - Low/No Pay

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Bissonnette
Looking for advice/mentorship on grading project..
on Jan 11, 2014 at 6:44:34 pm

Hey everyone,
First, I hope I am not out of line posting this here. If anyone can suggest a better place to post something like this, I would gladly take your advice.

Background on myself and the project. I am the Director of Photography for this project. I am going to be a little vague since this is a public post, but can provide more details through PM. Basically this was a semi low-budget project - or low enough that they can't afford to hire a colorist. I shot everything on the 5D Mk3 using Magic Lantern raw video. I do not claim to be a colorist, but of everyone currently involved with the project, I am the most familiar with color grading, so I have volunteered my time to color it. It is not for broadcast, but is being shown at conferences, websites, etc. and will be seen by a potential 100k viewers.

I am using a combination of Resolve 10, Camera Raw and AE to do all the finishing on the project. I have a pretty good idea of what I want each scene to look like, but am having some difficulties achieving some of the looks.

I am wondering if there are any colorists out there that would be willing to play around with a couple of the raw DNG frames to see what they could come up with. Or at least guide me to achieve some of the looks I am trying to get. I wish we were able to hire someone to do the coloring, but I myself am volunteering my time. At the very least, your name can go in the credits. I just want the project to be the best it can be since it will be seen by so many people.

Please PM me here and I will give you more details and can send links to the rough cut. Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Eric Lau
Re: Looking for advice/mentorship on grading project..
on Jan 13, 2014 at 3:17:55 am

Hi Andy,

I am a freelance colorist. You can send me 1 or 2 clips and tell me what you are looking for. I may be able to squeeze this in between other projects.

This is my email: lauleckgee@gmail.com

Thanks.

Eric.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]