FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editor for Short-term Project -- LA

COW Forums : JOBS Offered - Low/No Pay

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zach McGee
Editor for Short-term Project -- LA
on May 19, 2008 at 9:33:03 pm

New Media Productions/Legal Publishing, a Los Angeles based production company, seeks editor for immediate, short-term project. (NMP/LP has several projects in pre-production and development. Excellent opportunity to affiliate with dynamic company. If you’re good, we will use you again!)

Project consists of editing approximately four hours of HD footage to create an editing timeline, identify and edit around duplicative and/or damaged footage and related tasks necessary to prepare the footage for preliminary and final review by the producers. Compensation for project: $300.

Final Cut Studio (version 2 with Final Cut 6+) software required. Strong knowledge of Final Cut Pro also required. Working knowledge of After Effects and Photoshop a plus. Must be available to start immediately and work from home using your own equipment and software (the video assets will be delivered via hard drive for editing). The footage to be edited is in ProRes 422. A RAID storage device is not required but you must have a computer system capable of editing approximately four hours of HD footage.

Interested candidates should e-mail their resume (and links to editing reels, if possible) to contact@newmedialegal.com. Students encouraged to apply. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Ricardo Martinez
Re: Editor for Short-term Project -- LA
on Jun 8, 2008 at 11:18:58 pm

Ricardo Martinez
Willedit4Food.com
(323) 630-9794 (c)

I am a multi-talented, Final Cut Pro editor/film maker . I have worked on national commercials, student films, feature films, and music videos in various roles. My reel will show you that I have experience that gives me an eye for timing, color, art, and building that is needed in the visual arts. I am also fluent in Spanish. This is a real opportunity to put my experience to work. I look forward to speaking with you very soon so that we can discuss how I can meet the needs of your program at this time.

Link to my reel http://www.willedit4food.com

SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
∑ Trained in Final Cut Pro, AVID
∑ Trained in various cassette formats for use with VTR (3/4, Beta, VHS, Mini-DV)
∑ Certified Television Producer for public access cable CTV
∑ Bilingual English/Spanish
∑ Expertise in painting, home design and repair

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Film and Video

∑ 5 Years of experience with FCP
∑ Editor short film ( I am not my fathers lies)
∑ Production assistant art direction independent feature film (Jan-Feb 2006)
∑ Art production assistant national bank commercial directed by Spike Lee (Feb 2006)
∑ Lead editor for Dateline SMC
∑ 60+ hours internship Adelphia Cable producing, directing, camera, lighting
∑ Technical assistant Saturn Commercial
∑ Numerous production duties student and independent films through AFI
∑ Editing music videos Big Foot Records and Dirty West
∑ Music Video for 713-Seville

EMPLOYMENT

Beautiful Minds, Inc. Film workshops for at-risk youth

Nov 05 – Dec 06
Platinum Plaques Artistic Director, Owner

2005 - present
Santa Monica College Editor 2003-2004

EXPERIENCE
Gregory Jessie Editor 2002-present
James Brown-Orleans Editor (short film on 35 mm ) 2006-2008
Kyla Upshaw Music Videos 2005-present
Tyrone Dixon Director/Editor Jan 07- Feb 07

EDUCATION
Santa Monica College
Major Film and Video production
30+ credits, continuing student

REFERENCES
James Brown-Orleans 818-395-2033
Kyla Upshaw 212-453-4919
Tommy Maddox 323-447-6549
Greg Jesse 323-610-9485

Return to posts index

Zach McGee
Re: Editor for Short-term Project -- LA
on Jun 23, 2008 at 4:35:09 am

We found an editor and this project has been completed. Thanks to everyone who responded.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]