FORUMS: list search recent posts

match moving for festival film

COW Forums : JOBS Offered - Low/No Pay

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Kam
match moving for festival film
on Feb 11, 2011 at 3:56:14 am

I have several shots, handheld, that need a knife added to an actors chest for a short film festival entry. Some pay available.

Return to posts index

Quinn Woods-Robinson
Re: match moving for festival film
on Feb 14, 2011 at 2:18:48 pm

I'd like to take a look at the footage. Do you only need match moving done or do you need the compositing of the knife done as well?

Return to posts index

Tom Kam
on Feb 14, 2011 at 4:19:44 pm

I will probably need the knife composited too. Here is probably the worst shot:

The knife (9" kitchen knife) would go most of the way into the chest, in his left pectoral. The other 4 shots (there may be fewer, though) are not as difficult (I should look at them again, however. It's been a few weeks).

As I mentioned, there is some pay, though not much. I'm doing it for just about nothing and I would have liked to do these myself, but I have little experience with matchmoving, we're running out time, and we can't miss the festival date.

Thanks!
Tom

Return to posts index

Quinn Woods-Robinson
on Feb 14, 2011 at 5:09:27 pm

Alright I would like to also see the other shots as well. Its going to be tough without any markers to track on the actor. Do you have any reference on what you want the knife to look like?

Return to posts index

Tom Kam
on Feb 14, 2011 at 11:49:33 pm

The knife looks like this http://files.turbosquid.com/Preview/2010/12/26__04_11_22/kitchen%20knife_01.... I can send a picture of the real knife later, if you wish, perhaps suitable for a texture map. I don't have the other clips output to see yet. I have another project over the next week or so, so they will have to wait before I can show you.

But other than that...I know the shot is tough, but is it do-able? Can you give me some specifics? My noodling on the shot took me to PFTrack/PFMatchit and Blender; alternatively I considered the possibility of Mocha just to isolate the front of the shirt, but would this give the perspective translation needed for the knife?

I can also provide reasonably decent info regarding the original placement of lights.

Thanks!
Tom

Return to posts index

Quinn Woods-Robinson
on Feb 15, 2011 at 1:55:53 am

As far as I'm concerned anything is do-able although it might take some time to get it matched up correctly. I currently use Maya and Nuke for tracking I could also try out boujou but id have to do some tests. Do you actually have a model of the knife or does that need to be done as well? Lighting placement would be great for help matching the shot. I'm not sure if mocha would be good for it or not. I have used mocha a little but like I said I would have to do some tests.

Return to posts index

Tom Kam
on Feb 15, 2011 at 5:50:26 am

The knife model image I sent was $15 on turbosquid. It's not "exact" but it will do (it is the large one). If you can make a more precise model from reference photos I send you, for the same price, that sounds like a plan. Your choice...I don't mind using the stock model if you want to skip it.

Let's talk,
Tom
tom@cinemagix.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]