FORUMS: list search recent posts

3d/VFX Artist needed

COW Forums : JOBS Offered - Low/No Pay

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John craven
3d/VFX Artist needed
on Oct 9, 2009 at 2:44:29 am

Hi,

I am looking for a 3D/VFX artist to help collaborate with me on a :30 second short film. It centers on a man that gets frustrated with nothing being on the TV but, subsequently, gets overcome with a superpower that makes him able to lift the TV with his mental power alone and smash it into the wall. Its pretty wacky but something fun, stylish, and simple. The most complex or maybe only shot incorporating the VFX will probably be the last when he lifts the TV and it breaks apart. There shouldn't be anything else to work on except if the TV is actually created in 3D. I was also thinking of getting a TV that I would film on a greenscreen smashing into the floor. Then work it into the shot like that. Again looking for someone to collab and produce something that is fun. This job is a lo/no pay job, but it would be something to add to your reel. Contact me if you have any questions.

Look forward to talking to you...

Return to posts index

Shane Scrimager
Re: 3d/VFX Artist needed
on Oct 9, 2009 at 4:15:33 am

You have all the right ideas. To save time and money I don't believe the Television has to be 3D. Shooting it from a hanging position over green screen and a few other details would cover the floating effect and need for a 3D generated television. Smashing it against the wall wouldn't be a problem either with After Effects and 3D generated particles composited with live action footage of shattering glass and plastics.

Please email me for examples / reel and competitive rates.

Sincerely,
Shane Scrimager

Return to posts index

vinayak patel
on Oct 10, 2009 at 4:09:56 pm

i can help you with the whole breaking tv in vfx/dynamics at the least possible cost contact me at sai242488@gmail.com

Return to posts index

vinayak patel
on Oct 10, 2009 at 6:48:22 pm

MY Demo Reel

Return to posts index

Rick Dane
on Oct 17, 2009 at 5:12:26 am

haha, no / lo pay, something to add to our demo reel? why do you think you should just get someone to work for free, I'm sick of seein posts like this all over the internet, get real, if you want to do stuff like this then learn how to do it yourself or pay someone

Return to posts index

John craven
on Oct 17, 2009 at 12:31:25 pm

Did you have a bad day Rick?

I understand your point, but next time have some more mutual respect. I am going to be paying somebody, but he was nice about it, and it is worth the money.

So next time you want to vent your frustrations on some random post go to youtube, and stop looking at the no/lo paid category.

Hope you have a good day...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]