FORUMS: list search recent posts

Low-budget indy film needs AfterEffects work...

COW Forums : JOBS Offered - Low/No Pay

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ann Jones
Low-budget indy film needs AfterEffects work...
on May 18, 2009 at 8:41:30 pm

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=35376250

A link to a BTS clip of the film in question.

I'm in need of some people who have too much time on their hands and a serious AE addiction. ;)

Mostly simple, but tedious work. Motion tracking. Rotoscoping. That sort of thing, primarily. The post production team wants to farm out shots in an attempt to get the film completed so the producers can enter it in festivals. I'm testing the waters for interested parties, so to speak.

Shot on RED last year. Right now I only have access to QuickTime proxy clips, which should be adequate for some of the work. Actual RED footage can be obtained for the more detailed work. No rendering required -- they just want the AE project so they can control renders and tweak as needed. Most shots should be able to use the standard AE effects/tools.

Individuals and/or companies get screen credit. That's the current offer, anyway. Reply to this thread if interested. Thanks for your time!
--Ann

Return to posts index

Robert Wickenhagen
Re: Low-budget indy film needs AfterEffects work...
on May 18, 2009 at 10:13:33 pm

We would be very eager to undergo this project for our personal experience. We only ask that the work we do in compositing will be used as footage for our demo reel.

Return to posts index

Ann Jones
on May 19, 2009 at 11:14:05 pm

Hey, Robert, thanks for the interest. You could absolutely use your work in your own demo reel!

I'm in the process of doing a breakdown of all the VFX shots and what the director wants in each one. I'll have more information available this weekend.
--Ann

Return to posts index

Mike Konstan
on May 19, 2009 at 11:29:56 am

We'd be interested in helping. We'll take the screen credit plus permission to use the shots we work on in our company demo. Can do rotoscoping, motion tracking, rig removal, greenscreen, etc. We use AE CS4.

Send your sample clip link as well; wasn't working.

Please send more info about your specific needs and your location/contact info to:

Mike Konstan
MAK Digital Media, Inc.
Film & Video Post Production Services
Orlando, FL
mkonstan@mac.com

Return to posts index

Ann Jones
on May 19, 2009 at 11:48:22 pm

And thank you for your interest, Mike. Everyone is absolutely welcome to use their work in their own demo reels!

AE CS4 will be perfect. Yeah, sorry about the bad link. My fault for not proofreading that the middle got truncated. It wasn't to a sample clip, though. It was a behind the scenes video about the film. Here are some better links:

The behind the scenes video can be seen at
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=353762...

And an early trailer can be viewed at
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=498154...

You can check out the director's company at http://www.myspace.com/skylinepicturesinc

The film I'm trying to coordinate FX for is Double Negative. I'm doing some shots myself, but I don't have the personal time to do all of them. I think what I have now are 2k QuickTime clips. We'll probably mail out USB drives with the files, but I'll see if I can put up one of the smaller ones as a sample. Most of the shots I've seen run about 9-10 seconds. There may be some under 100MB. I'm still in the process of breaking it all down.

I'll have more info by the weekend. Thanks again for your interest (and the contact info!)
--Ann

Return to posts index

Steve Ganem
on May 20, 2009 at 4:06:35 pm

Hi Ann,

I'll throw my hat in the ring for credit and reel building. I'm am currently working in After Effects CS3. You can see my reel at the link below. I also do titles if you need those created...

Thanks for your consideration.
Steve G

http://run-dontwalk.com

Return to posts index

Ann Jones
on May 21, 2009 at 3:12:04 am

Thanks for your interest, Steve. CS3 should be fine. I'll have more info by the weekend, and I'll keep you updated. Thanks for the link to your reel, by the way. I'll check with the director regarding titles, but I think he's got that covered.
--Ann

Return to posts index

Ann Jones
on May 26, 2009 at 1:40:44 am

Okay, guys, I finally got all the shots broken down. There are about forty something shots still not completed with visaul effects. Here's the list. File sizes and run times are approximate.

----------------------------------------------------
DOUBLE NEGATIVE VFX SHOT LIST
(uncompleted FX as of 2009.05.25)

Shot 001, 150 MB, 6 seconds -- day for night

Shot 023, 222 MB, 9 seconds -- remove paper sliding in at the bottom right corner of the screen as the camera tilts up

Shot 108, 343 MB, 14.5 seconds -- remove paper sliding in at the bottom right corner of the screen as the camera tilts up

Shot 120, 188 MB, 8 seconds -- remove grain if possible

Shot 121, 253 MB, 10.5 seconds -- remove grain if possible

Shot 123, 229 MB, 9.5 seconds -- motion tracking, compositing video onto monitor screens (4 screens in shot. small/gray field monitors need to show still shot of exterior empty alley. Photoshop reference file labels screens)

Shot 125, 94.6 MB, 4 seconds -- motion tracking, compositing video onto monitor screen S1 in the lower right corner

Shot 126, 62.3 MB, 2.5 seconds -- motion tracking, compositing video onto monitor screens S1 and F1

Shot 127, 131 MB, 5.5 seconds -- motion tracking, compositing video onto monitor screen S1

Shot 128, 65.4 MB, 2.5 seconds -- motion tracking, compositing video onto monitor screen F1

Shot 129, 171 MB, 7 seconds -- motion tracking, compositing video onto monitor screen S1

Shot 130, 81.1 MB, 3.5 seconds -- compositing video onto monitor screens L1 and S3

Shot 132, 123 MB, 5.5 seconds -- compositing video onto monitor screens L1 and S3

Shot 146, 72.2 MB, 3 seconds -- compositing video onto monitor screens L1 and S3 (maintain shadow that passes over S3)

Shot 148, 113 MB, 4.5 seconds -- compositing video onto monitor screens L1 and S3 (maintain shadow that is over S3)

Shot 150, 156 MB, 6 seconds -- compositing video onto monitor screens L1 and S3 (maintain shadow that is over S3)

Shot 152, 106 MB, 4 seconds -- compositing video onto monitor screens L1 and S3 (maintain shadow that is over S3)

Shot 154, 142 MB, 5.5 seconds -- compositing video onto monitor screens L1 and S3 (maintain shadow that is over S3)

Shot 157, 88.4 MB, 3.5 seconds -- compositing video onto monitor screens L1 and S3 (maintain shadow that is over S3)

Shot 159, 83.4 MB, 3 seconds -- compositing video onto monitor screen F1 (live alley?)

Shot 161, 146 MB, 6 seconds -- compositing video onto monitor screens L1 and S3 (maintain shadow that is over S3)

Shot 163, 39.4 MB, 1.5 seconds -- compositing video onto monitor screens L1 and S3 (maintain shadow that is over S3)

Shot 164, 54.7 MB, 2 seconds -- motion tracking, compositing video onto monitor screen F1 (live alley?)

Shot 167, 77.1 MB, 3 seconds -- compositing video onto monitor screen S3 (maintain shadow that is over S3)

Shot 169, 119 MB, 4.5 seconds -- compositing video onto monitor screen S3 (maintain shadow that is over S3)

Shot 171, 105 MB, 4 seconds -- compositing video onto monitor screens L1 and S3 (maintain shadow that is over S3)

Shot 175, 50.4 MB, 2 seconds -- compositing video onto monitor screens L1 and S3 (maintain shadow that is over S3)

Shot 177, 79.1 MB, 3 seconds -- motion tracking, compositing video onto monitor screens L1 and S3 (maintain shadow that is over S3)

Shot 179, 50.1 MB, 2 seconds -- compositing video onto monitor screens L1 and S3 (maintain shadow that is over S3)

Shot 181, 101 MB, 4 seconds -- compositing video onto monitor screens L1 and S3 (maintain shadow that is over S3)

Shot 185, 369 MB, 15.5 seconds -- motion tracking, compositing video onto monitor screen S3 (maintain shadow that is over S3)

Shot 186, 83.4 MB, 3.5 seconds -- compositing video onto monitor screens S1, F1 and S2

Shot 187, 80.7 MB, 3 seconds -- compositing video onto monitor screen S3

Shot 188, 147 MB, 5.5 seconds -- compositing video onto monitor screens S1, F1 and S2 (maintain shadow over S2)

Shot 189, 67.1 MB, 3 seconds -- compositing video onto monitor screens S1, F1, S2, F2, L1, S3 and S4

Shot 190, 49.6, 2 seconds -- remove grain if possible

Shot 191, 236 MB, 10 seconds -- remove grain if possible

Shot 193, 63.1 MB, 2.5 seconds -- remove grain if possible

Shot 197, 120 MB, 5 seconds -- motion tracking, compositing 3D helicopter in the distance on approach [Hughes AH-6 "Little Bird"]

Shot 198, 159 MB, 6.5 seconds -- motion tracking, compositing 3D helicopter flying overhead at the 1 second mark [Hughes AH-6 "Little Bird"] (keep in shot enough to be seen)

Shot 211, 178 MB, 7 seconds -- ramp into slow motion when David is grabbed by the uniformed guys

Shot 216, 441 MB, 18 seconds -- motion tracking, muzzle flashes, 3D slide and eject 9mm casing, digital blood for bullet hits [director's notes: "Okay, this one's going to take the longest. First off, we need muzzle flashes, but if possible I'd like to have the top slide of the gun animated to where it looks like it moves back as he fires, loading another round into the chamber. A 3-D shell casing (9mm) flying out of the action after the slide blows back would really add to the realism. Also, when he shoots these guys, could you animate a bullet impact on them with some blood (enough to see it but not a lot) flying out of the wound Frank Miller 300 style?"]

Shot 217, 306 MB, 12.5 seconds -- motion tracking, muzzle flashes, 3D slide on gun, digital blood for bullet hits (more of the same per Shot 216)

Shot 218, 1.73 GB, 1 minute 16 seconds -- motion tracking, animate blood forming under foreground guy's head [director's notes: "On this shot, could you animate a pool of blood forming under Aaron's head as he lies on the ground? Again, quite a bit of blood but not a whole gory mess of it. I'm not Brian De Palma."]

----------------------------------------------------

So far on this thread I've heard from three volunteers. Look over the list, and let me know how many shots you want to tackle or if there's anything in particular you don't want to do. I realize there's some 3D model stuff in there, and I'm mainly looking for basic AE work. If you can do the 3D shots, let me know. I'm planning to post elsewhere about those now that I have more information. Anyway, I'll divide up the shots over the next few days and get some USB drives in the mail sometime this week. If I haven't already, I'll be contacting each of you personally to get a good snail mail address. Thanks again for the interest! I look forward to working with everyone on this project.
--Ann

Return to posts index

Ronnie noisuwan
on May 27, 2009 at 6:00:27 am

Hi, Ann
I'm looking for professional footage to work on to put on my reel.All I need just the permission to put the footage on my reel.
the harder is better so I can challenge my skill.

I'm a grad student and have been work in area about 1-2 years.and have done freelance time to time. I live around LA area.

My demo.

I used CS4, Imagineer Mocha, Monet. Autodesk Combustion. Maya(switching to C4D)
Different kind of shots would be appreciated.

Best of luck
Ronnie
rongnoi@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Ann Jones
on May 28, 2009 at 2:03:12 am

Hi, Ronnie. Welcome to the team! Yes, you can absolutely use the footage you work on for your own demo reel.

You want a challenge? How about shots 216, 217 and 218? 216, especially, is a lot of work. If you can pull it off, it'd definitely be something sweet to use on a reel!

Your vimeo.com link didn't work for me. It's a private video I don't have permission to view.

I'll shoot you an e-mail here in a bit. Thanks for your interest!
--Ann

Return to posts index

Nik Nastev
on May 27, 2009 at 7:03:44 am

Hi Ann,

count me in - compositing, rotoscoping and tracking.

Nik Nastev

Return to posts index

Ann Jones
on May 28, 2009 at 2:07:47 am

Thanks, Nik! I'll add you to the list of workers. Let me know your e-mail address, okay? You can e-mail me at ajones913@gmail.com for more information.
--Ann

Return to posts index

Satya Meka
on May 28, 2009 at 2:33:44 am

Hello,

I can do any help including rotoscoping,motion tracking and I can also work on titles/motion graphic content if you need. Please let me know.

regards,
Satya Meka.
http://www.gutsblow.com/

Satya Meka,
http://www.gutsblow.com

Return to posts index

Ann Jones
on May 28, 2009 at 3:00:36 am

Welcome to the visual effects team, Satya! I'll check out your website and send you an e-mail with more information. Thanks for your interest in this project!
--Ann

Return to posts index

Ann Jones
on Jun 2, 2009 at 5:12:05 am

Just a little information for those of you working on the monitor screen composites:

S1 uses Stranger_Screen-02.mov
S2 uses Stranger_Screen-03.mov
S3 uses Stranger_Screen-01.mov
S4 uses Stranger_Screen-03.mov
F1 uses Surveillance_Camera_Footage-EmptyAlleyCU.psd for all shots prior to 159
F2 uses Surveillance_Camera_Footage-EmptyAlleyCU.psd for all shots prior to 159
L1 uses Stranger_Screen-02.mov
L2 remains blank for now

F1 and F2 use surveillance camera footage video after shot 159, specific time code to be determined soon. If you have one of those shots, just comp in the footage and we'll figure out what scene to slide it around to when I get the info from the director.

Thanks again to all who signed on for their volunteer efforts!
--Ann

Return to posts index

Hanna Reduto
on Jun 3, 2009 at 6:33:54 pm

Hi Ann,

Let me know if you need anyone else. http://www.hannareduto.com

Hanna Reduto

Return to posts index

Ann Jones
on Jun 4, 2009 at 12:06:58 am

Hello, Hanna.

I do have some remaining unassigned shots, so if you're interested in working on them for screen credit and demo use, you're more than welcome to join the team!

I'll send you an e-mail here in a bit with more information.
--Ann

Return to posts index

Pranav Trivedi
on Jun 21, 2009 at 8:10:07 pm

Hello Ann,

I am interested in doing the work.
Where can I get the details?

Pranav

Return to posts index

Shelley Kasli
on Jul 9, 2009 at 9:10:41 am

Hey Ann,

I did like to work on it.
I could take care of the motion tracking and other stuff.
Hope to hear from you.

Regards,
Shelley
shelley.kasli@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]