Let me start by saying in no way am I a Rails programmer. So I was looking to see if anyone has done what i'm looking to do and can help out with any information. What I need to do is create a rails page that will allow for my edit users to submit jobs to the EEP encoder. At the moment i use watch folders for everything that must be delivered out of house.
1) Submit files to the EEP Encoder
2) Set a source file location
3) Set a destination location
4) Choose from a list of predetermined settings
5) Email when job is done
6) Check the job status for all jobs
7) Able to kill/stop a job if needed