FORUMS: list search recent posts

Settings for blu ray

COW Forums : Telestream Episode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philippe Muller
Settings for blu ray
on Nov 3, 2008 at 11:30:38 am

Hi!
I want to encode a dvcpro-hd movie in H264 with Episode Pro for burning a blu ray disc with Encore or Toast9. I don't know if I must generate element streams (like the default settings seem to propose in mpeg2) or program stream. Wich format for the audio ? Which container ? extension ? I haven't found any clear information. By now my tests aren't successfull : Encore and Toast don't work with(I tried mp4 m4v. Is A52 the same format as AC3 ?). Thank you for any help.

Return to posts index

Robert Longwell
Re: Settings for blu ray
on Nov 3, 2008 at 5:48:56 pm

First, as far as I know, Toast 9 will only burn a Blu-Ray data disc, not a video disc.

If you're going to use Encore, I believe it has a built in encoder. Why not use that? As big of a fan as I am of episode, sometimes using the tools that come with the software isn't a bad thing.

Blu-Ray supports MPEG2, H264 and VC1 formats. And yes, A52 is the same as AC3.

Robert Longwell

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 3, 2008 at 6:22:27 pm

Toast 9.0.2 does support encoding and burning Blu-ray video discs complete with menus. It's primitive but Toast should work.

Return to posts index

Robert Longwell
on Nov 3, 2008 at 6:58:49 pm

Ah, didn't know about the upgrade. Thanks!

Robert Longwell

Return to posts index

philippe muller
on Nov 3, 2008 at 6:47:32 pm

OK Robert there is a special plugin with toast9 that allows tou burn BD.
I know I could burn a BD with Encore but I've invested in Episode Pro and I hope I will manage to use it specialy for blu ray. I thought there were in this Telestream group some people who could help me to use telestream products.

Return to posts index

Robert Longwell
on Nov 3, 2008 at 7:01:27 pm

Which authoring software do you have? Encore or Toast?

I know Encore works well. I have a friend who has successfully made a Blu-Ray video disc on a Mac this way. Also Toast likely has built in encoding software as well.

Regardless, what formats do either authoring programs support? Let's follow their requirements and I'm bet Episode can make it. Can you provide this?

Robert Longwell

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 3, 2008 at 7:02:43 pm

First try using Episode's MPEG2 Blu-ray preset. At least that should get you "here to there."
I know you (and many people) would like to see the H264 spec supported. I'm looking to see if anyone has tested that yet. I'll post back if I can get an answer. In the meantime do test the MPEG2 Blu-ray preset.

Return to posts index

philippe muller
on Nov 4, 2008 at 7:39:08 am

ok I gonna do that and give some news.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]