FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting a looping flash out of Episode, somehow, someway...

COW Forums : Telestream Episode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Joyce
Getting a looping flash out of Episode, somehow, someway...
on Aug 12, 2008 at 1:46:25 pm

All the gory details are here:
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=7855855#7855855
and here:
http://www.photoshopcafe.com/cafe/viewthread.php?tid=48866
but the long and short is that a .mov run thru Episode pro won't loop like it's supposed to afterwards. How to fix? I see no loop setting as in the export from AE. thanks a million!!!!
coocoo

Phoenix Studios: Small A/V Production House in Kathmandu

Return to posts index

Robert Longwell
Re: Getting a looping flash out of Episode, somehow, someway...
on Aug 12, 2008 at 4:35:26 pm

Sorry I don't know of any way to make a FLV loop. There certainly isn't any setting in Episode for this.

If the FLV is being embedded into a flash based web page, I would assume that could be an option when authoring the site in Flash.

If this were a MOV file, the loop option can be saved with the file within QT. Can't say for certain though if it would loop online though, but it would loop when played in QT.

Robert Longwell

Return to posts index

James Joyce
on Aug 13, 2008 at 3:40:45 am

thanks robert. i thought the swf spec says loop by default. at least that's what Adobe says. but swf's coming out of episode just stop. a few others have posted on the episode support forum and the recommendation is to upgrade from 4 to 5! arg. AE has the option in it's flash exporter. so i can run the episode generated swf thru AE but that doubles it's size. seems like it takes to 4000$+ of software to make a looping swf from a .mov file!!! that can't be right. cheer.
JJ

Return to posts index

Robert Longwell
on Aug 13, 2008 at 3:57:15 pm

I haven't embedded a SWF in a site before, so maybe it does automatically loop, I can't say for sure.

If you don't have a copy of Episode I say download the demo. Try encoding the SWF and see what you get on the site. Within Episode there are no options for looping.

I also suggest that you do this through authoring of the page. My guess is your flash settings should allow you to loop if you set it up that way.

Robert Longwell

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Aug 13, 2008 at 6:36:18 pm

As Robert says, Episode doesn't have a loop function (although I certain give them a knock on the cyber door about the feature). An SWF player can control that.

Keep in mind that FLV is the source for an SWF. The best way to create player control in your browser which can loop an FLV.

See this
http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=JW_FLV_Media_Player
and
http://flowplayer.org/

Return to posts index

James Joyce
on Aug 13, 2008 at 9:11:38 pm

thanks for that. understand all that, i am just trying to create web animations like all the ones u see to the left and to the right. what did they use? must be AE or Motion. That's what it looks like to me. And all those are looping. Maybe everyone is using AE, ha! My location, and audience have low bandwith connections, so that's where Episode comes in. It does a great compression of swf8. but maybe my workflow is flawed, dunno. Motion->mov file->Edpisode->swf seems reasonable...but it does not work. Motion->move file->AE->swf works cause AE has a loop option on the timeline, but the files are bigger and it's a heck of lot more clicks. But may have to go that route or buy more software...sheesh...
jj

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Aug 13, 2008 at 10:26:21 pm

Let's see what I can find out by knocking on some cyber doors at Telestream.

Return to posts index

James Joyce
on Aug 13, 2008 at 10:35:40 pm

Thanks so much Craig!!! Good luck...

Return to posts index

James Joyce
on Aug 13, 2008 at 9:03:55 pm

Robert I have the latest version 4. do u mean try the 5 demo? sounds reasonable, although i am waiting for apple to update compressor to do this, or gosh, some other part of FCP that cost a small fortune. But swfs ARE supposed to loop by default unless a stop()action is put in the last frame. This all seems odd that for an apple workflow, u have to go thru this. maybe i am missing something. i do have the CS3 master suite on a machine as well, but only ever use Photoshop and Dreamweaver. Another small fortune. And I still can't create a SMALL looping flash file. well, thx.
JJ

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]