FORUMS: list search recent posts

file input monitor stops working

COW Forums : Telestream Episode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harald Lapp
file input monitor stops working
on Jun 25, 2008 at 7:25:54 am

hello,

today i have recognized a strange problem with one of my input monitors: it suddenly (from one day to another) stopped working. the log tells me, that the input montor recognizes a new file, eg:

Wed Jun 25 09:00:56 2008 MONITOR 39 INFO 'new: '3075', in directory: '/Users/Sha
red/Episode Engine/HotFolders/mp4_preview-16_9''
Wed Jun 25 09:01:08 2008 MONITOR 39 INFO 'ripe: '3075', in directory: '/Users/Sh
ared/Episode Engine/HotFolders/mp4_preview-16_9''
Wed Jun 25 09:01:08 2008 MONITOR 39 INFO 'added media: file:/Users/Shared/Episod
e%20Engine/HotFolders/mp4_preview-16_9/3075'

but the final step 'creating job ...' is missing and won't show up. the strange thing is, that this hotfolder/input monitor worked before and we have 11 more input monitors, which all still work and don't show any strange issues.

the file is valid, i've successfully pushed it in any other hotfolder. i've double-checked the file-permissions, i have deleted the input monitor and created a new one, with the same settings.
the pwce.log don't show any other hint regarding this issue, there is no crash-log for this problem ...

anyone any ideas, what happened to my monitor?

Return to posts index

Harald Lapp
Re: file input monitor stops working -- SOLVED
on Jun 26, 2008 at 9:17:47 am

our issue is solved, however we still do not know what exactly happened, and why it is solved. we tried a lot of things, which did not help:

- taking different profiles for hotfolder
- deleting hotfolder/input monitor and creating it again
- restarting episode engine
- changing file permissions / owners
- renaming hotfolders

we have a watermark applied to clips in this hotfolder. when we thought we tried everything, we deleted the watermark and copied it again into the hotfolder. suddenly the issue was solved -- the hotfolder works again.

still it's strange, because we checked the file-permissions -- it's the same for the watermark, as before. we also checked md5sum for the watermark -- it's identical to before. so we still do not know, what really happened ...

should'nt episode write a (error-)message in the log, when it's something wrong with any of the files in a hotfolder (including watermark)?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]