Episode will be no more

COW Forums : Telestream Episode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
holden crawford
Episode will be no more
on Aug 24, 2016 at 5:01:47 pm

go this today

Dear Episode Customer,

This letter is being sent to inform you of product end-of-life plans for our entire family of Episode products, including Episode, Episode Pro, and Episode Engine.

Effective dates are as follows:

End of Sale: January 31, 2017
End of Support: January 31, 2018

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Episode will be no more
on Aug 24, 2016 at 6:04:13 pm

Their recommendation is to consider moving to Vantage (Windows Server only) or Telestream Cloud service.

I've been a user since it was Popwire CompressionMaster before Telestream bought them. I suspect that Adobe Media Encoder and Apple Compressor have had a significant market impact.

Return to posts index

Jeff Handy
on Feb 8, 2017 at 3:14:41 pm

It's truly a shame. We have a license of Engine and five seats of Pro. Ever since we put our Engine system into service, compression has not been a bottleneck for us. We just re-upped our Premium Support as well, just to be sure we have time to find a replacement. I'm not sure Vantage will be our choice, especially since Telestream is dumping us as Episode customers. I suppose it happens, but it doesn't make me want to continue doing business with them.

HandyGeek

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Feb 8, 2017 at 3:31:40 pm

Have you looked into Telestream Cloud which is different than Vantage?

http://cloud.telestream.net

Return to posts index

John A. Mozzer
on Jun 15, 2017 at 7:06:34 am

I just got my new 27-inch 5K iMac. I used Migration Assistant to transfer everything from an old iMac on which I kept running OS 10.6.8, and Episode 6.3.1.23 came along for a ride. Episode opens on the new iMac. But when I try to Submit a workflow to start encoding, a message pops up saying that I do not have a license for it, the video content will be watermarked, and that I can purchase the license. Of course, that is an obsolete message; I paid for the license years ago. Any workaround so that I can use Episode on my new iMac? Was I supposed to deactivate it on the old iMac? I don’t remember what the license says with respect to number of computers that I am allowed to use it on, etc.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 15, 2017 at 1:29:52 pm

It's possible it sees it activated on two computers at the same time.
I would suggest deactivating on the old Mac.
You could try activating the license on the new computer.
It's also possible that your new iMac is running on OS Episode 6.3.1 is not compatible with.
You might try updating to 6.5. Updates are still available for that series on Telestream's site.
You probably need to contact Telestream. They might still sell upgrades even though new complete versions may not be.

Return to posts index

John A. Mozzer
on Jul 14, 2017 at 10:18:30 pm

It can’t be seeing it activated on two computers at the same time, because the old iMac is no longer connected to the internet, and Episode Version 6.3.1 was acting like it is a trial version on the new iMac. I took a long time to find my serial number, and to find the place to enter it. Unfortunately, today, I made the mistake of updating to Episode 7.4 on the new iMac before entering the serial number, thinking it was a free update. (I didn't notice they say, "for current license holders of Episode 7".) Now it says my serial number is for an old version of Episode, and won’t let me use Episode 7.4. Strong punishment for someone who purposely kept running OS 10.6.8 on an old iMac.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]