FORUMS: list search recent posts

Episode 7 is coming soon

COW Forums : Telestream Episode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Lindahl
Episode 7 is coming soon
on Sep 5, 2015 at 8:53:02 am

Nice to see Telestream finally is giving their Episode product some love. Episode 7 is being shown at IBC with hopefully a faster / better 64-bit engine. From the developer them self:

"Episode 7 is faster and better than ever before. We have added encoding/transcoding support for JPEG2000, DNxHD, DNxHR, and DVCPro HD. Using 64-bit technology, Episode speeds up your encoding jobs so you are done even faster!"

It will also have R3D and HEVC ingest.

I personally hope it's a fast / stable release. Version 6.4 has had its ups and downs, generating useless material at times. It's also very poor at handling ProRes 4444 files with all associated memory errors. I haven't dared to jump to 6.5 yet as a 6.4.x version introduced very odd output behavior for h264 / MP4 files.

Link:
http://www.telestream.net/episode/coming-soon.htm

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Episode 7 is coming soon
on Sep 5, 2015 at 5:26:11 pm

6.5 certainly improved things. Significant changes is why it was a paid upgrade. 7.0 has even more significant changes. Episode development has been very aggressive of late.

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Sep 20, 2015 at 5:29:05 pm

Any word on H265 encoding?

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
on Sep 20, 2015 at 5:37:44 pm

h265 encode and decode as far as I know.

Return to posts index

Kuhnen Brown
on Nov 26, 2015 at 8:45:19 am
Last Edited By Kuhnen Brown on Nov 26, 2015 at 8:48:52 am

Can anyone from Telestream tell us why Episode 7 is no longer supporting Quicktime? The statement posted on the Telestream support site is a bit vague. I cannot upgrade if there is no QuickTime support.
Thanks,
Kuhnen

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
on Nov 26, 2015 at 12:58:32 pm

Can you explain a bit more what this means? I can't find any info about the product not supporting QuickTime.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 26, 2015 at 6:07:52 pm

Apple stopped developed for Quicktime Frameworks a few years ago. On Windows there was no 64bit version. On Mac, they moved to AVFoundation and codecs like Animation became legacy. Note that if you try to play Animation .mov in Quicktime X, it will convert the file first.

Telestream decided to built the decoders directly into Episode since Apple development on Quicktime is deprecated.

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
on Nov 26, 2015 at 7:10:14 pm

Ah, well the deprecated status of the QuickTime API I'm fully aware of. But does this actually change anything with-in Episode? I presume this means "native QuickTime output" is gone then and we don't get access to legacy codecs such as Sorensson Media or Cinepac and that Telestream has built specific i/o components to solve this for a handful of codecs?

Return to posts index

Kuhnen Brown
on Nov 26, 2015 at 8:02:47 pm

Episode 7 is not working for this user who had to go back to 6.5 in order to use QuickTime presets:
http://forum.telestream.net/forum/messageview.aspx?catid=20&threadid=23220&...

I am still confused about the QuickTime support this upgrade offers.
Kuhnen

Kuhnen Brown
InterMountain Digital
Oregon

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 26, 2015 at 9:07:36 pm

Quicktime codec support is built into Episode.
That forum post is someone who doesn't want to rebuild their encoders.
You shouldn't confuse Quicktime Frameworks and Quicktime compatible codes, most of which are still supported.

Yes their are a few very old codecs no longer supported. Sorenson Quicktime codec hasn't been used in many years. Apple themselves no longer support it in CoreMedia.

Return to posts index

Kuhnen Brown
on Nov 27, 2015 at 8:09:46 am

Thank you Craig for clearing this up.
Kuhnen

Kuhnen Brown
InterMountain Digital
Oregon

Return to posts index

Jürgen Kaiser
on Nov 27, 2015 at 10:38:00 am

Is WMV output available in the Windows version?

Return to posts index

Jeff Cue
on Dec 4, 2015 at 5:54:01 am

In the same category of "Old Codecs Not Included In Episode 7", Telestream has apparently dumped FLV8, as I can only find Flash 9 (which is basically H.264). Unfortunately, clients aren't quite as quick to upgrade stuff as we are...and in my case, I've got one that's still clinging to the Flash 8 On2 VP6. Had to resort to Adobe Media Encoder CS6 to finish a job once I figured out I made a mistake by updating to Episode 7.

Jeff C.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]