FORUMS: list search recent posts

De-interlacing DV with Text for Web?

COW Forums : Telestream Episode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jnolla
De-interlacing DV with Text for Web?
on Jul 9, 2007 at 2:19:18 pm

I'm trying to compress DV footage with a text sequence for the web. I've been using visual hub before which renders decent results in terms of picture quality.

After evaluating Episode Pro, I've noticed I get better quality images than I do with vhub. But as of right now, I don't know how to de-interlace in Episode Pro to get clean Text results, with out any jitter.

Visual hub's default settings seems to do a great job with text, it actually looks pretty clear, I would like to achieve the same quality on Text, using Episode Pro.

Also, is there a website where I could get great tutorials on how to get the best compression using Episode Pro for different formats?

Thanks.
Best Regards

Return to posts index

Robert Longwell
Re: De-interlacing DV with Text for Web?
on Jul 9, 2007 at 2:26:20 pm

There are a lot of de-interlacing options in Episode. I'd suggest doing quite a few short test encodes using all the options and seeing which one looks best.

I'm using "Create new fields by: Blending" and "Deinterlace Type: Deinterlace Moving Areas (Automatic)" with good results for type.

Of course the best de-interlace is to not interlace in the first place :-)

Robert Longwell

Return to posts index

jnolla
Re: De-interlacing DV with Text for Web?
on Jul 9, 2007 at 7:37:46 pm

Much better thanks!

I'm thinking I should find a way to move my interlaced footage and convert it to progressive. I think it would enhance the graphics greatly specially when going to a web format.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]