FORUMS: list search recent posts

Server or local ? best practice

COW Forums : Telestream Episode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrice Freymond
Server or local ? best practice
on Mar 30, 2013 at 8:34:35 pm

Hi,

I am new to episode but couldn't find an answer in the docs so I am asking here.

We have a new iMac setup as transcoding station. It is hooked via GigE to an SNS EVO 32TB server.

When attempting to batch convert 17 XDCAM HD files using the server as a destination Episode chokes once it attemps to do start more than 3 files at a time (Prefs are set to 1 job at a time though).

I also noticed that the iMac becomes almost impossible to operate, as if Episode was hugging all ressources available.

Targeting the server was the ideal workflow for us but if need be I could target the Pegasus RAID 12TB via Thunderbolt, and then copy. But that will be a bit of a waste of both time and space.

Patrice

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Server or local ? best practice
on Mar 30, 2013 at 8:53:19 pm

Episode 6.4? In not, please update and test again.
Please describe "choke" it's not clear what you mean by that.
Have you looked at your Monitor Inspector and considered that you may need to adjust settings?
Are you using SMB?

Return to posts index

Patrice Freymond
on Mar 30, 2013 at 9:16:09 pm

Hi Craig,

by choke I meant that it will fail the transcode, displaying a red message mentioning a timeout (sorry I am not in front of the machine right now).

BTW the source files are on the Pegasus Raid.

Regarding the Inspector, I must admit that I did not look into it. Like I said, I am new and should read the manual ;-)

As for protocol, the EVO is working with iSCSI and we mount the volumes through San MP. Not sure if that answers your question.

I will look into things again after the weekend and get back to you.

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Mar 30, 2013 at 9:48:43 pm

[Patrice Freymond] "Regarding the Inspector, I must admit that I did not look into it. Like I said, I am new and should read the manual ;-)"

You have control there that might help with the timeouts.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]