FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting Audio - Exported file has different run time than original, sync is off.

COW Forums : Telestream Episode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Terry
Exporting Audio - Exported file has different run time than original, sync is off.
on Nov 21, 2012 at 8:45:06 pm

Hello.

I am currently attempting to grab the audio off of several video files I have. My encoder is set to transcode with the same specs the audio of the video files currently has. The transcode runs smoothly, and the file plays back fine, but the run time has changed and the audio is no longer in sync with the video.

I am attempting to use an MP4 container and the AAC quicktime codec, although I have tried many others.

No matter what I try I get the same issue with the transcoded file.

Transcoding these as video files does not change the run time and the sync stays fine, it only seems to happen when I attempt to create an independent audio file.

The content I am working with are uncompressed PAL video files, but I've tried with several other file types and can't seem to resolve the issue.

Has anybody experienced anything similar? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

PT

PS I am experiencing a nearly identicle problem in FCP 7.

I am running Lion 10.7.5 and Episode 6.2.2.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Exporting Audio - Exported file has different run time than original, sync is off.
on Nov 21, 2012 at 9:00:14 pm

[Patrick Terry] "I am running Lion 10.7.5 and Episode 6.2.2."

I think I there should be a sticky on the top of this forum. Unless you have a specific reason why you can't update, always stay current.

Episode is at version 6.3.1

[Patrick Terry] "Any suggestions?"

Update and test with the current version.

Also include more details about settings. There's all sorts of potential settings issues but without any information it's hard to make suggestions.

Also your eye glass prescription may not be the same as mine. If you state that timing between video and audio is different you should state how you determined that. It's possible the tool itself is at issue.

For best and fastest help, don't make or allow for assumptions. Assuming you are talking to a blind surgeon who's about to make an incision. Do you want to risk them cutting in the wrong place?

I'd like to help but help is only as good as the information provided.

Return to posts index

Patrick Terry
Re: Exporting Audio - Exported file has different run time than original, sync is off.
on Nov 22, 2012 at 10:21:27 pm

I was updated to 6.3.1 but found 6.2.2 runs smoother and faster. I can get a bit more transcoding done with this version. I also get less "Job Failed (Unknown Reason)" errors.

As for settings, I have tried every single setting available. But the issue persists- when I transcode a video file into audio, it changes the run time of the file, but upon listening to it nothing is cut off, so I assume it is changing the frame rate or speed of the file but I'm not sure how to find out. I've looked at the files in Media info as well as tried to sync the new audio file to the old video in both FCP7 and Pro Tools.

I am transcoding uncompressed PAL files with 48khz, 16 bit audio. My goal is to transcode these into 48khz Wav files with a 256 bit rate.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 22, 2012 at 11:46:06 pm

You have to updated to 6.3.1 to see if the issue has been fixed.
If you're encoding to WAV I'm not sure what sync you're comparing to as it's an audio only file.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]