FORUMS: list search recent posts

A question about split & stitch

COW Forums : Telestream Episode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raymond Nardelli
A question about split & stitch
on Jul 6, 2011 at 8:25:17 pm

Hello, I am a new Episode Engine user in the process of experimenting and learning. I have Engine installed on a MacPro 2x2.66 GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon with 16GB of RAM.

I installed a demo version of Episode on a second MacPro and attempted to use this second MacPro to accept processing from Engine via Split & Stitch. Although I am able to create a cluster, I am not able to get the second MacPro to take any of the splits to process them.

I submitted a ticket to Telestream and received the following response: "Only systems with a license level of Enigne will be able to accept split&stitch jobs. The only system processing a job using split and stitch is most likely the system with the Engine level license."

Does this mean that if I want to use the split & stitch functionality, I will need to purchase more Engine licenses?

Thanks for any advice.

Ray

Return to posts index

Robert Longwell
Re: A question about split & stitch
on Jul 6, 2011 at 9:19:52 pm

Are you using any temp licenses, or are these all permanent licenses? If permanent, what product did you purchase?

Robert Longwell

Return to posts index

Raymond Nardelli
on Jul 6, 2011 at 9:46:55 pm

Hi Robert, thanks for responding so quickly!

I purchased one Episode Engine license thus far and I was trying to see the impact on the processing time of adding additional nodes. The Episode 6 download on the second macpro is a demo.

Also, the computers are on an xsan network and I followed your recommendations from an earlier post about setting the cache to the xsan volume.

Ray

Return to posts index

Robert Longwell
on Jul 6, 2011 at 10:24:39 pm

Ah, that's it. The 'demo' copy can't contribute to the cluster. Because a demo has to watermark, and the other node doesn't because it is licensed, it sends all the jobs to the single licensed node. You can't mix-n-match a cluster like this.

So to test this you could unlicense your entire cluster, put all of it in demo mode (delete the license info in the preference pane but keep those numbers in a safe place). That would get you the ability to test SNS across multiple Macs/PCs.

Or leave the cluster licensed, but up the max number of jobs on the single licensed node in the preference pane to as high as it will go. It will be the only node getting all the work, but you'll see in the status monitor for SNS jobs that multiple jobs are performing on this single node.

Robert Longwell

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]