FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Drifting

COW Forums : Telestream Episode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian Smith
Audio Drifting
on May 29, 2011 at 8:34:07 pm

I am using Episode 6 Pro to compress a ProRes 422 (HQ) file to H.264 ts. The problem I am having is that the audio is drifting further and further out of sync as the film progresses. The original plays back fine locally on my machine and no matter what settings I choose in Episode (AC-3, AAC, or pass-thru) I am getting the same out of sync issues. I am converting the frame rate from 1080 23.98PsF to 1080i@30 but I have gone through all of the audio speed options without any luck. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

dave norman
Re: Audio Drifting
on Jun 3, 2011 at 10:13:00 pm

ian, are you on mac or pc and what dot version of episode? 6.05...6.1 etc?

are you actually encoding to full on 30fps or 29.97fps?

what frame rate filters are you using? you want to use telecine, but i want to confirm your output frame rate... also don't forget a telecine filter is designed with create fields from frames based on a certain cadence and will result in interlaced output.

you will more than likely need to deinterlace this in a second step after running this filter unless your desitnation is in fact an interlaced output - majority of our customers use h.264 output in mp4 container at least, to create progressive output. if that is the case why not just keep the frame rate at 23.98?

dave

Return to posts index

dave norman
on Jun 4, 2011 at 12:16:06 am

ian, are you on mac or pc and what dot version of episode? 6.05...6.1 etc?

are you actually encoding to full on 30fps or 29.97fps?

what frame rate filters are you using? you want to use telecine filter.

i'm running a couple tests on 6.1 and will report back.

what are you using to play the files to verify sync?

dave

Return to posts index

dave norman
on Jun 4, 2011 at 1:52:39 am

ian, i ran some tests on my mac episode 6.1 system and i am not seeing any sync running our canned h.264 mpeg2ts encoders - i specifically tested the 15mbs with no audio speed filtering...and i was using the frame rate video filter set to telecine 23.976 > 29.97fps.

played back in elecard avchd player (a player i trust) and sync appeard to be dead on.

dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]