FORUMS: list search recent posts

newbie job batch window collection

COW Forums : Telestream Episode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred Miller
newbie job batch window collection
on Sep 17, 2010 at 2:46:25 pm

Newbie to the app so be gentle. :)
The job batch window is a interface and I'm very happy with the results I'm getting so far. My question: Is there a limit to how many things can stay in the job batch window? It kind of like having the past work done to stay there in case I need to refer to it in the future. Or is there any other way to see the history like you can in COMPRESSOR?

FCP Studio 2
Dual 3Gg Quad Core
4Gg RAM
KONA 2
OS 10.5.8

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: newbie job batch window collection
on Sep 24, 2010 at 6:54:15 pm

Episode, Episode Pro, Episode Engine?
There was a limit of 25 I think in Episode but if you're a newbie you should jump to Episode 6 ASAP as you'll find major improvements with things such as batch encoding.

Return to posts index

Fred Miller
on Sep 24, 2010 at 8:49:00 pm

Episode
Here is the first paragraph of the last email I recieved "Episode version 6 is almost here and we've got important free upgrade information for you! Since you purchased Episode version 5 during our promotional period you are entitled a free upgrade to Episode version 6. Hang tight because you can't upgrade just yet. We'll let you know the minute it's available. Then you can be one of the first to experience Episode v6 - for free." It goes on to give instructions on how to get the free upgrade.

I have yet to receive another email.

That being said I went the the website and downloaded a demo of Episode 6. Wow a total makeover. I was a bit confused by the note on the download page that said I needed to "rename Episode" so I don't overwrite the old version when I upgrade. Well, wouldn't that be the whole point of doing the upgrade? Then when I read the install instructions on the Episode 6 Users guide for upgrading it says "Before updating the version, be sure to remove the previous version of Episode." All just a bit confusing. I tried using the instructions in the email to upgrade but the coupon number(according the the checkout website)"was not valid."

I guess I'll just wait for the email saying it's really my turn to upgrade.

FCP Studio 2
Dual 3Gg Quad Core
4Gg RAM
KONA 2
OS 10.5.8

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Sep 24, 2010 at 9:32:19 pm

[Fred Miller] "I was a bit confused by the note on the download page that said I needed to "rename Episode" so I don't overwrite the old version when I upgrade. "

You can have both Episode 5 and Episode 6 on the system in case you run into a workflow issue or bug with 6.

[Fred Miller] "Then when I read the install instructions on the Episode 6 Users guide for upgrading it says "Before updating the version, be sure to remove the previous version of Episode.""

Another part of the team felt people should be notified that they can have both. For example, Episode 6 does not support the Compressor plugin so you can keep 5 if you still want to use it for the time being. People using Podcast Producer might want to hold on to 5 as well.

There's an issue with certain older serial numbers that will be fixed over the weekend so they'll work Monday so maybe that's what you've bumped into.

If you send them this form they may let you know ASAP if that's the issue.
http://www.telestream.net/telestream-support/episode-6/contact-support.htm

Return to posts index

Fred Miller
on Sep 28, 2010 at 7:24:30 pm

OK I got the upgrade installed and serialized. thanks. I've got some other questions I'll start on a new string.

FCP Studio 2
Dual 3Gg Quad Core
4Gg RAM
KONA 2
OS 10.5.8

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]