FORUMS: list search recent posts

Customer cannot view video?

COW Forums : Telestream Episode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anthony Faulkner
Customer cannot view video?
on Mar 1, 2010 at 2:42:03 am

I encoded a video into a cropped (4:3)DV25 NTSC AVI movie from a EXCAM 1080.30P timeline using episode. I then burnt it onto a DVD and sent it on.

I use a mac and my customer uses a windows machine of some description. What could be the reasons why she gets only sound and no video images.
I checked it and it was fine?

If it is a codec issue on her computer, is there somewhere she can download them from?

thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Customer cannot view video?
on Mar 1, 2010 at 3:37:56 am

The customer doesn't have DV NTSC codec installed maybe? That's the only thing I can think of. I think Quicktime comes with more codecs than one might find on a Windows computer it seems.

Why would you used DV if they don't need to edit DV? If they'd need to edit it they'd likely have an NLE that can handle it installed. Why not give them H.264 .mp4?

Return to posts index

anthony Faulkner
on Mar 1, 2010 at 4:06:32 am

They convert it to a SWF to go in window and upload to the web.
I tried sending all kinds of file types including H.264 files. But she refuses to upgrade her flash player so she can review files in flash 7.
Until very recently she refused to upgrade her quicktime player (In case it upsets her ability to watch videos in flash 7)or get a VLC player (still wont download that one, It might carry viruses) believe me Im dealing with a retard of the highest order.

I run everything out of FCP with the Episode in compressor.

any workflow suggestions are much appreciated...

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Mar 1, 2010 at 5:00:54 am

First if she can't tell you what codec she needs nor will she update her players, you should charge her fro each attempt. If she's anything other than an accountant or some other professional that has no need to view or send video files she's not going to be in business for much longer. Send her a WMV9.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]