FORUMS: list search recent posts

Episode - First Impressions

COW Forums : Telestream Episode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Walton
Episode - First Impressions
on Dec 24, 2009 at 4:24:56 am

After doing a good bit of research I decided that Episode Encoder was the best fit for my budget and workflow. Although I've had a few of the usual bumps in the road with the installation and am still learning the details of the interface, the overall design of the software is user friendly. I am also impressed with the variety of both the preprocessing filters and standard presets. I should also say that the Telestream support staff have been helpful and friendly. IMHO the quality of the output is excellent. So . . . I would encourage potential users to look at the Episode option carefully. Those unfamiliar with the product should also be aware Episode is the entrance level product to a whole family of software programs and services related to video and compression technologies.

As you may have suspected I didn't start this thread to just sing the praises of Episode. I also would like to offer a caveat to those working with the demo. Here's part of an email I sent to Telestream.

For the customer who downloads the trial version of Episode and uses the "demo" to see if it
satisfies his/her work flow and compression needs it is not at all obvious that certain functions and preset adjustments are available in demo but are not available with the Episode level license. As was true in my case I adjusted the H.264 compression setting and included the High Profile choice as part of my evaluation only to find that after purchasing Episode my edited preset would not function. I suppose if I had read everything I might have understood this up-front but the fact that there is no indication in the demo GUI is bound to confuse and yes, disappoint, Telestream customers. From all the research I have done (and from my interactions with support technicians) I can understand why your company and its products are highly respected. I believe a few changes in the demo GUI would enhance that reputation.

I hope this rather long winded post is helpful to those unfamiliar with Episode.

Dick Walton
Natural History Services
http://www.rkwalton.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]