FORUMS: list search recent posts

Again... How to download PI for Win 64

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Hansen
Again... How to download PI for Win 64
on May 20, 2017 at 5:11:41 pm

Thanks for the link, David but that link was for Win 32. Is there a PI for Win 64?

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
Re: Again... How to download PI for Win 64
on May 22, 2017 at 4:06:20 am

Paul,

Wondertouch never released a true x64 bit version. The only version available now by GenArts (now BorisFX) is the x86 version 3.09 available here: http://www.genarts.com/support/downloads/particleillusion/standalone

You mentioned a permanent Serial Number. Does that still require activation? I have been asking GenArts for an update regarding if they will be releasing a patch or something for Valid end-users so an Activation is not needed and there have been no responses back from them still.

FYI: I have no issues using the v3.09 under Windows 7 x64 bit, just it would be nice if there was a True x64 so pi3 could use more RAM.

Good Luck

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

Paul Hansen
on May 22, 2017 at 5:21:18 pm

Thanks for the information! I was able to download and run PI but... when it asked for the serial #, I entered it and was informed that I had reached the # of uses and would have to buy a new one. Alan, help me!

compulsively creative

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
on May 26, 2017 at 12:32:10 am

Paul,

No Problem. You should not have to purchase another copy of pi3, but you WILL need to go to this site to create a ticket with GenArts. It appears they no longer prefer emails to support at genarts.com. The link to create a ticket, so they can reset your "count" is here: http://support.genarts.com/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm/2

Hopefully they will get you up and running. I just wish they would release a self-activating feature already to us registered end-users. Alan no longer frequents these forums and it also appears that GenArts (now owned by BorisFX) do not either.

Good Luck.

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

Paul Hansen
on May 26, 2017 at 1:24:21 am

Thanks, again, Francois. I did as you suggested. we'll see if they respond.

compulsively creative

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]