FORUMS: list search recent posts

GenArts - Are you going to provide registered end-users with an Activation Tool?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francois Blawat
GenArts - Are you going to provide registered end-users with an Activation Tool?
on Jun 27, 2016 at 8:32:29 pm
Last Edited By Francois Blawat on Jun 27, 2016 at 8:33:52 pm

Alan & GenArts,

Since I still kept the e-mail Alan had sent to me indicating that If and When pi3 was discontinued he would create something so I could continue to use the software without having to access an activation server.

As I mentioned in a previous post, Serious Magic (bought out by Adobe) DID create something for their users so they could self-activate (without the need for an Internet connection to a non-existent server) so the software could still continued to be used.

If you are wondering what I am talking about, Adobe provided this link : https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4246

I would like GenArts to provide something similar to us users since I was promised this OR continue to update pi3 and make this program even better!!

Since the merger it has become painfully obvious that pi3 is being left behind. The promise of Emitters every quarter has not been followed nor any updates to the software program itself since the re-branding "broke" something with previews...

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
Re: GenArts - Are you going to provide registered end-users with an Activation Tool?
on Feb 3, 2017 at 9:37:03 pm

[Bump]

I still believe this is a valid point and I would like GenArts to answer this. They should release to all "registered" users a self-register tool so paid users can still keep using their software. Similar to what Adobe did for their Serious Magic products they bought out... and Killed Off.

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

Bob Moyer
Re: GenArts - Are you going to provide registered end-users with an Activation Tool?
on Feb 7, 2017 at 5:11:03 pm

Francois,

I totally agree with you, however I wonder if GenArts cares about their legacy products (if that is the correct term). For that matter I wonder if GenArts cares about potential customers. Perhaps you should address this question directly to their support/sales departments. If you do this please post the address and I will also send this question to them. Such a shame to be treated in this manner.

Bob

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
on May 17, 2017 at 5:08:35 pm

BorisFX and GenArts,

Will you be responding back regarding this question? A lot of valid users would like to keep using particleillusion especially if someday you decide to take down the registration server(s).

It would be nice if you could finally update us on this question. I mean almost 1 year and waiting for a response on this forum is a Bit long to wait for an answer.

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]