FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particle Illusion use in live performance questions

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ashley andrews
Particle Illusion use in live performance questions
on Oct 8, 2014 at 5:50:33 pm

Hello,

I would very much like any help/ advice I can get with this subject matter. I am very interested in how Android Jones uses (or seemingly uses) Particle Illusion in his live projection mapping performances.
Here is a sample video:

How is it possible to use PI in this manner with all of the effects changed/ created on the fly?
Is there any setting in PI to mirror the image or to run multiple emitters at the same time live (without pre-recording?).

Please share any and all recommendations on achieving such effects- they are beautiful.

Return to posts index

Brian Pollett
Re: Particle Illusion use in live performance questions
on Oct 14, 2014 at 1:33:56 am

After you download particle illusion, you can open a window called "particleview". Make your emitters in particle Illusion, put them in a folder you want to use live, set particleview in full screen and without the cursor. I am still trying to figure out how to fluidly lay emitters over one another without it freaking out.

Return to posts index

ashley andrews
on Oct 14, 2014 at 3:47:46 am

I've gotten this far- and am utilizing Syphon virtual screen to run the full screen virtual second display of particle view in thru resolume. Problems: can't figure out how to fluidly layer live emitters. Second problem: using syphon virtual screen in to resolume has crazy amounts of lag.

Return to posts index

Andrew Jones
on Nov 19, 2015 at 9:45:42 am

Hi Ashley,

this is Android, I just joined this forum and noticed you question,

for the effect in this video I have particle view open on my main screen, then I use a program called cam twist, its free to download for mac, http://camtwiststudio.com
cam twist allows me to select the particle view window and send it to my second monitor, or in this case the projector, in cam twist I can add effects like the mirror or kaleidoscope effects.
camtwist is very light weight and you can control the output resolution and frame rate to reduce any lag,

the particles are also controlled with a wacom tablet,
hope that answers your question

http://www.androidjones.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]