FORUMS: list search recent posts

Questions not being answered

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francois Blawat
Questions not being answered
on Oct 3, 2014 at 5:14:17 pm

Alan and Genarts,

I thought this forum was for pi3 users who had questions regarding using and the direction of this fine software is going?

Lately I noticed that when serious questions are asked, you Alan and Genarts are not responding. I have e-mailed Genarts as well and received NO response to my questions.

1. Are you going to update v3.0.9 to address issues users have been talking about. (Most notably from phalkunabba rath)

2. Have you updated the Catalog file? I have asked twice after you indicated you were working on it but then nothing after my two requests. (July)

3. If Microsoft changed something in terms of the Emitter preview not working, why would the older 3.0.4.1 version Emitter preview window work fine still?

It would be nice to see some kind of responses regarding what is going on with this software.

I really would hate to see this program end but you have to let us users know either way.

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Questions not being answered
on Oct 3, 2014 at 6:42:50 pm

I apologize for not replying, but the truth is I don't have any good answers.

1. Application updates are very difficult to make right now. I no longer do development and we don't have any available engineers for this. At some point we will look into it, but I don't know when that will be.

2. The catalog has now been updated.

3. They changed the "libraries" that are used in building pI3, not the way that Windows itself works. So the code that created those previews no longer works. There may be another way to get them working again, but see #1 above.

The only official way to communicate with GenArts is to email support at genarts dot com. This forum is not the best way to reach us (as you've noticed). If you emailed support and got no reply, I want to know about that. We've got a very responsive, highly-regarded support team.

(And in case you're wondering, I'm working on the Q3 emitters, but I'm a bit rusty so it's taking longer than expected)

Alan.

Alan Lorence
Product Manager
GenArts, Inc.
http://www.genarts.com
http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
Re: Questions not being answered
on Oct 5, 2014 at 12:52:10 am

Alan,

Thanks for responding. I think letting us know that Yes, Genarts eventually does plan on updating this software is what we wanted to know.

Glad to know you are working on the emitters as well.

Thanks Alan.

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]