FORUMS: list search recent posts

PI 309 - Rath nOt recommended to anyone

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
phalkunabba rath
PI 309 - Rath nOt recommended to anyone
on Sep 7, 2014 at 8:36:11 am

As of now, 9/7/14. I'm frustrated with PI309. After landing on an important freelance project - it happened the facility has PI 309. All my library emitters (300 of them at full HD) many of them are all messed up. Some are missing sprites. So, the facility has to put back the PI3.041. After that everything gone back to normal.

I would not recommend 309 to anyone if they are working on high bit sprite and long sequence of images - say 120. 3041 is very stable but not 309 - NO.

PI seems to get behind. Unity 3D is taking the lead with PI3 technology and beyond, in 3D!

I'm sadden, GenArts seems to put the PI3 on the shelf.

All PI3 can do to improve now would be adding PATH or ACCEPTING PATH from 3rd party 3D Apps. I request a Cinema 4D path to PI 3 but no luck from Alan.

So, my move to Unity is the only way to go. PI 3 needs an awakening!

Rath P.
Senior PI3 users!

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
Re: PI 309 - Rath nOt recommended to anyone
on Sep 12, 2014 at 1:57:31 am

That is why I brought up to Alan about the Load Library preview not working under 3.09 but still working fine under the orig 3.041 with Windows 7. If Microsoft changed something, would it not work under 3.041 as well?

I really wish they would update and fix these issues with PI3.

No word on if GenArts is planning on future update to PI3 since this question has been asked by other users and nothing has been said.

GenArts do not kill this program!

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

phalkunabba rath
Re: PI 309 - Rath nOt recommended to anyone
on Sep 12, 2014 at 5:49:52 am

I don't really care about the free quarterly pro emitter if the app never update. At least add some little useful things like:

1. Importing 3D path or camera from 3rd party 3D apps.
2. Multiple point selection.
3. Add decimal in the slider like 0.0 instead of 0 then 1.
4. Add random curve to all multiple point selection.
5. Add zoom to every sprite added not just a global zoom for all
the sprites in one effect.
6. Add 2K sprite compatible.
7. Add Quick Time encoding.

I have been asking for these features for years. The only answer I get from Alan was in the wind.

How much would Alan get from GenArts anyway if his creation dies at GenArts?

I have been working in both 2D and 3D. I know for sure, PI3 with feature improvement, the many of the tasks it can be done in it and you don't feel the need to use 3D app.

This is my half cent.

rP

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]