FORUMS: list search recent posts

Movement curve

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stewart Bourke
Movement curve
on May 31, 2014 at 9:30:28 am

Alan,

Some time ago you posted a sample project called 'repeat_test.ip3". I have been experimenting with it to simulate snow-swirls and by changing the shape, removing some of the smoke etc it is starting to look great.

The emitters move along a shape, and eah of them is delayed a bit which is also fine.

However, I am not sure how to change the offset for each particle.

How do I change the start time of the particle moving across teh curve. With the root hightligthed the time the particle moves is shown on the graph window as a thick line - and I want to move this to bring all particles closer together, but I cannot see how. None of the properties seem to allow me control this. I have had a look at the manual too but cannot see any indication of this either.

The attached picture shows the bit I want to change.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Movement curve
on May 31, 2014 at 11:11:24 am

Can't tell from the screengrab, but that appears to be the position graph, and since you (or I) used "record position" there are keys at every frame. When you say you want to change the "start time of the particle moving across the curve" I assume you mean the start time of the emitter?

Let's take a simple example. Add any simple point emitter to the stage at frame 1. Then jump to frame 30 and move the emitter so it should now take 30 frames to move in a straight line. With that stage emitter still selected, Copy it (using Edit menu, ctrl or cmd-c, or by r-clicking on it in the stage). Now make sure you're at frame 30 and Paste using the Edit menu or ctrl or cmd-V -- not the r-click method. The new emitter will act just like the original, but will start at frame 30.

Suppose we now want that one to start at frame 10 instead of 30, but leave everything else about it the same. With it selected use Cut (ctrl-X), move to frame 10, then Paste.

If you use the r-click Paste option, it repositions the emitter at the click point, but the other methods don't change the position.

Hope this helps.

Alan.

Alan Lorence
Product Manager
GenArts, Inc.
http://www.genarts.com
http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Stewart Bourke
Re: Movement curve
on May 31, 2014 at 1:00:14 pm

Alan,

Thanks for the prompt response. I will give your suggestions a go.

You are correct, the screengrab is the position graph.

Stewart

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]