particleIllusion 3.0 Standalone boxed version cant up date to 3.9 at genart

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tony hampton
particleIllusion 3.0 Standalone boxed version cant up date to 3.9 at genart
on May 8, 2014 at 7:08:21 pm

hi
i have the boxed version of particle Illusion 3.0 and have updates till 3.0.4.1
and i can see in the update box when i open up pl there's audio update 3.0.9 ...i keep getting bad zip item 65536

what can i do i have been to
Gen Arts and i cant make account there there's a error with my email
they will not take my email at all or let me set up account , i have particle Illusion standalone 3.0 box set and my serial number
everything

i have been a Member Since February 27th 2006

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: particleIllusion 3.0 Standalone boxed version cant up date to 3.9 at genart
on May 8, 2014 at 7:10:14 pm

You don't need to create an account at genarts.com in order to download the latest version.

Get it here:
http://www.genarts.com/support/downloads/particleillusion/standalone

Alan.

Alan Lorence
Product Manager
GenArts, Inc.
http://www.genarts.com
http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

tony hampton
on May 9, 2014 at 1:04:09 am

thank you Alan
i got it working

Return to posts index

Kim Cuttle
on May 9, 2014 at 3:33:31 am

Am I to assume ver 3.0.9 now supports audio

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
on May 24, 2014 at 2:54:11 am
Last Edited By Francois Blawat on May 24, 2014 at 2:58:12 am

Hi Kim,

Actually Audio was supposed to have been brought back in version 3.0.4.1:

Here is what I found for the Documentation for the new version that GenArts has:

What's new in 3.0.9

* Changed the activation procedure. Uses the standard GenArts licensing system, which is more flexible and robust than what was used before.
* Updated copyright information to indicate GenArts, Inc.
* Bumped version number to 3.0.9 to match Mac version number.

What's new in pIllusionRender 3.0.8 (installed with particleIllusion 3.0.9)

* Replaced old pbuffer rendering which is no longer supported by many newer cards/drivers (ATI for instance) with newer Frame Buffer Objects. End result is that hardware acceleration should be available to everybody again.
* Also uses new licensing system, but when rendering projects saved with a licensed version of pI3, activation is not required. This enables pIRender to be used on render-only machines (render farms).

What's new in particleView 3.3.0 (installed with particleIllusion 3.0.5)

* Changed logic in way that search index files are checked for changes. In previous release any emitter library change would trigger the "rebuild search index files?" message, which could take some time, even when library change was minor. Now, the index is automatically updated when changes are made, and when too many index updates have been made user will get the chance to rebuild the index to improve performance. End result is much less interruption to user with index rebuilding.

What's new in 3.0.4

Minor Changes

* When Caps Lock is on, activation dialog will show at startup (Scroll lock key does the same thing, but some Macs running Windows do not have a Scroll Lock key).
* Additional codecs that support alpha channel can be added by user via a text file (alphacodecs.txt).
* Added better error handling when Auto Update can't connect to server.
* Added "use audio from layer" function back in (was removed in 3.0.2). This allows the output AVI to use the audio from the input AVI (if present).
* Maximum stage size is now 20000 x 20000 pixels (where it was limited to 8192 x 8192 previously). Note that very large output sizes will probably only work when pIllusionRender is set to use software rendering, and there may be RAM issues.
* Changed the default location where application updates and emitters are downloaded to allow a common place for both types of files if the current user does not have write access to the application folder.

Bug Fixes

* Deleting an emitter from a project file would not remove the unused texure data (so saved project files could be much larger than needed).
* When first free emitter type was toggled off in hierarchy window, when emitter properties dialog opened all free emitter types in the emitter would use the "disabled" icon, even though they weren't.
* Deleting a texture or texture group from Emitter Properties Dialog now correctly replaces the deleted texture referenced by an Emitter with a existing texture. (could cause crash before this)
* Toggling layer icons (bg image visible, objects visible, etc.) will now mark the project as modified (these settings have been saved in the project file all along)
* Copy and then paste of a disabled Emitter in the Hierarchy now shows the emitter disabled in both Hierarchy and Stage.
* Corrected issue of not disabling buttons in Auto Update dialog when downloading.
* Corrected issue where the "Select All"/"Select None" buttons would not reset after a download.
* Would crash If WMV was picked as the output file type and no profiles were found.
* If User has no write access to Program Files folder (in a limited account), no library backups were saved. (Will now write them to user "Application Support" folder).
* Compression controls would not always reset correctly when a new CODEC was picked.

What's new in pIllusionRender 3.0.7 (installed with particleIllusion 3.0.4)

Minor Changes

* When Caps Lock is on, activation dialog will show at startup (Scroll lock key does the same thing, but some Macs running Windows do not have a Scroll Lock key).
* Additional codecs that support alpha channel can be added by user via a text file (alphacodecs.txt).
* Added "use audio from layer" function back in (was removed in 3.0.2). This allows the output AVI to use the audio from the input AVI (if present).

Bug Fixes

* Renders that did not start at frame 1 would not be identical to renders that did start at frame 1. (So rendering frames 1-50, then stopping, then rendering frames 51-100 from the same project file would produce a visual discontinuity between frames 50 and 51). Now that this is fixed, rendering pIllusion project files on a render farm is possible.
* If project file had high quality motion blur option checked (even if "motion blur" option was not checked), then passing the "-blur" parameter on the commandline would use high-quality motion blur instead of regular.
* When no motion blur is used, saving alpha, and not starting at frame 1, the frame before the first of the sequence is saved but with black RGB channels.
* Would crash If WMV was picked as the output file type and no profiles were found.
* If User has no write access to Program Files folder (in a limited account), no preview image or log could be created. (Will now write them to user Application
Support folder).
* Compression controls may not reset correctly when a new CODEC is picked.

Hope this helps,
Francois

- - - - -
FixitMAD

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
on May 24, 2014 at 3:12:53 am
Last Edited By Francois Blawat on May 24, 2014 at 3:13:46 am

Kim,

I forgot to ask if you have any issues with me forwarding your Blood_spurt.ipf to another user Tony? From this posting: http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/23/864074

thanks,
-Francois

- - - - -
FixitMAD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]