FORUMS: list search recent posts

Difference between PI version 3.0.4.3 and the new 3.0.9 and its license terms

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ann Ari
Difference between PI version 3.0.4.3 and the new 3.0.9 and its license terms
on Jun 20, 2013 at 4:34:17 am

As per instruction of Alan Lorence I downloaded PI installer from GenArts Iwas about to install but I felt as if some license terms are different than the one which I had purchased from Wondertouch (Alan Lorence). I may be wrong.

Also before I run the new PI 3.0.9 Installer I would like to know what is the difference between old PI version 3.0.4.3?

Why I am asking all these questions because I got emitters library I do not want the new version in any way remove them or won't allow me to use old emitters.

Any information in this regard will be appreciated.

Thank you.

*** I wonder if you ***

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Difference between PI version 3.0.4.3 and the new 3.0.9 and its license terms
on Jun 20, 2013 at 12:11:44 pm

Well Ann, I downloaded and installed 3.09 and my Serial for 3 isn't being recognised.

It'll be good to hear from GenArts on this?

Cheers

G

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Ann Ari
Re: Difference between PI version 3.0.4.3 and the new 3.0.9 and its license terms
on Jun 20, 2013 at 12:43:13 pm

Thank you Graham Bernard for sharing information. I have not yet installed the new PI version. Hoping to hear you again regarding this new version of PI.

*** I wonder if you ***

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 20, 2013 at 4:35:28 pm

I contacted GenArts Support. They were very helpful and I have pI 3.09 working.

Cheers

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Ann Ari
on Jun 20, 2013 at 11:02:17 pm

Hi Graham Bernard,

Thank you very much for the information. I am going to try PI 3.0.9.

*** I wonder if you ***

Return to posts index

Philip Knight
THIS is confusing... :)
on Jul 2, 2013 at 8:58:56 pm

Well, I just sent an email to Alan for I'm a bit confused here.

Seems that we are talking about two different installers here -- the Windows one (3.0.4.x) and the Mac one (3.0.8 -- I say 3.0.8 for I have not found any news or download for .0.9 at GenArts Wondertouch). Besides, I have the Windows version.

So out of curiosity, I fired up my PI and ran into the "Activation code is not defined properly!" thing. Irritating for my system configuration is the same as usual with same driver letters assigned to each drive. I'll go through the whole online activation thing again if necessary but it's a pain in le derriere. That said...

Is this my-PI-is-dead symptom an indication that there there IS a new GenArts installer/verifier for both Windows and Mac?

If so why hasn't it been officially announced here and at GenArts?

Sincerely,

Confused-ious :)

Return to posts index

Ann Ari
Re: THIS is confusing... :)
on Jul 3, 2013 at 4:41:43 am

Hi,

After reading your message I thought I should share what I know. Sending message to Alan seems not working as it used to.

If we start PI 3.0.4.3 and click on update it shows new version update 3.0.9 but do not download instead shows error. As per Alan, we have to go to Genart website and download the installer. For windows Download the pI 3.09 Windows installer (18 Mb). is available and for Mac Download the pI 3.010 Mac installer (17 Mb).
I am copying the download url below:
http://www.genarts.com/support/downloads/particleillusion/standalone

IMPORTANT please backup your Emitter Library if you got any before new installation. New installation means everything new from license terms to new serial number.

Thank you

*** I wonder if you ***

Return to posts index

Philip Knight
Re: THIS is confusing... :) (Well, no more.)
on Jul 4, 2013 at 5:41:05 am

Thanks, Ann.

I got it figured out not long after I posted my last posting here -- I got an email from GenArts support (which as you mentioned, didn't come from Alan as it has in years past) and it was all rather painless. Uninstall, reinstall. Done.

All my Emitters -- and my core main custom library -- and PI projects are on a separate drive anyway, so no problems there either (I just had to pop in a shortcut to those Emitters into the default PI folder for such as I have had all along).

Return to posts index

Ann Ari
Re: THIS is confusing... :) (Well, no more.)
on Jul 4, 2013 at 5:52:36 am

Hi Philip Knight,

Thank you for sharing. I am glad your problem has solved.
It seems new installation is very smooth and update is also quick.

*** I wonder if you ***

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]