FORUMS: list search recent posts

alpha issues PI AE

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peppe Tannemyr
alpha issues PI AE
on May 1, 2013 at 6:49:20 pm

I did just return back to standalone version VERY since alpha seems to be tricky in AE with PI AE.

If I do a canvas 5400 x 1080 and add a adjustment layer, in full preview mode it directly goes white background, in half res preview, I have alpha....hmmm. Render out this will result in second frame in alpha, the first and rest is white background, random flickers of background

Is this a glitch in my powerbook that have a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M , at least it should render out it with alpha all frames, but it seems that
my version on macpro is better ( card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285), but makes first frame white, and random frames white.....
1920 x 1080 seems just to render out the first frame white

Any hints here ?

Return to posts index

Peppe Tannemyr
Re: alpha issues PI AE
on May 1, 2013 at 8:08:52 pm

Tested to render out some part when I have purged all kind of memory AE would have made up.
in AE5.5 it works better but often ends up in really distorted artifects on the clip, f.ex parts of the emitter on various places, and lines streched out etc.

Purge seem to make some parts better, but some openGL issue are seen in PI AE
All this is not seen in standalone.

AE6 seems to ignore that it´s with alpha big time....
I do hope it is some solutions, and a upcoming version since the idea is great to have in AE.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on May 2, 2013 at 6:04:42 pm

Please email support at genarts dot com with this information if you haven't already. Please provide as much information as possible, including screenshots or a couple of rendered files.

One thing you can do to see if it's memory-related is to set a region of interest, and see if the alpha starts behaving.

Alan.

Alan Lorence
Product Manager
GenArts, Inc.
http://www.genarts.com
http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Peppe Tannemyr
on May 2, 2013 at 7:23:05 pm

Ok, I do that!
Maybe it come to a solution, that would be great!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]