FORUMS: list search recent posts

Emitters / Enjoy what's available

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Morgan
Emitters / Enjoy what's available
on Apr 19, 2013 at 3:06:42 pm

I Inquired about new emitter's being released.
The feedback I received was this.

Joe: how many of the 3000+ emitters have you already used or at least evaluated? There are so many great emitters already available (included) with pI, if you can't find one of those that you like for your projects it's unlikely that any new emitters will be useful for you either.

So that seems to be some indication as to the status of new emitters being released. I'm reading between the lines here. Draw your own conclusions.

When I load 1080P full HD footage into Particle Illusion the playback is very slow and not in real time. Even slower when you start to work with emitters.

I'm aware that if you turn off the background that most emitter's will play smoothly. But I'm unaware of any techniques to adjust emitter behavior and/or attributes to match the movement within the background. Without actually seeing what's occurring in the background footage.

Am I missing Something? Because it takes me an awful long time when working with very short HD clips to complete anything. And I find that very frustrating.

I also inquired about a possible 64 bit Particle Illusion in the future. Because HD footage requires a lot of memory for playback. Between the footage, emitters, and memory required for the program. The program clearly seems to lack sufficient RAM memory to ever run smoothly as a 32 bit system when working with HD.

Am I missing Something? Because I really like the program!!!

The feedback I got was this.
Yes it will be able to use more memory, but it's not going to be twice as fast unless we rework significant parts of it.

I may not be the brightest bulb in the package. But if you want to work with HD layers and multiple emitters at the same time.
This logic just don't pan out for me.

So if your looking for new emitters or 64 bit. Then your like me.
However, optimism eludes me for now.

I would appreciate any speed tips!!! I love what the program can do. But I lack the Patience and Expertise to create emitters I find USEFUL.
Plus I quit being young long ago. So while a 64-bit Particle Illusion seems unlikely at this time.

I can still feel optimistic that the competition may be watching.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]