FORUMS: list search recent posts

Emitter libraries

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Morgan
Emitter libraries
on Jan 24, 2013 at 4:44:50 pm

It would seem to me that the best thing to do with emitter libraries would be to look back at the
"BEST EMITTERS" and convert them into in HD Format.
I personally am not very good at creating my own emitters. I only like working with full HD. I don't care much for working with low-resolution stuff.
I'm not sure how possible that is with 32-bit particle illusion.
Simple handheld full HD cameras are becoming so inexpensive and common that I don't see how anything low resolution has much of a shelf life left.
I am also curious about the 64-bit question. I would love to step up to a 64-bit particle illusion.

Return to posts index

MIchael Bey
Re: Emitter libraries
on Jan 28, 2013 at 7:46:44 pm

That would be great. It seems like this product has fell to the wayside. No new libraries, no upgrade to 3D, etc. I love this product but am becomming concerned one day there will be no support whatsoever. Kind of sad. Such a great product.

Return to posts index

Erik Gertscher
on Feb 3, 2013 at 2:07:41 am

is it possible to convert old emitters to hd in the program. and if yes how ?

and can i convert all old emitters ?

Return to posts index

Craig Cooper
on Feb 12, 2013 at 1:11:19 pm

I produce 1280x720 with PI all the time. The emitters aren't Standard Def or High def. Just set your project what ever size you need.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Feb 12, 2013 at 10:24:49 pm

What it really comes down to is what the particle images will be used for. If you're doing sparkles all the time that render as 10x10 pixels, even in a 1080 project, using larger images won't gain you anything.

If however you want those particles to be large, like some of the more graphic or textural emitters in the Pro Emitter sets -- something that is going to take up a significant portion of the frame -- then you'll want larger particle images.

But using large images for small particles is not good either. pI currently does not support MIP mapping, so cramming a big image onto a tiny particle doesn't look as good as it could. Plus it wastes texture memory like crazy.

Alan.

Alan Lorence
Product Manager
GenArts, Inc.
http://www.genarts.com
http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]