FORUMS: list search recent posts

Graphic card ISSUE! RESOLVE.

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
phalkunabba rath
Graphic card ISSUE! RESOLVE.
on Jan 24, 2013 at 6:49:36 am

To all pi3onists. I have been with pi from the birth of its kind to the last of its kin. Along the way, my work with it on various computers, on name brand ones, clone or whatever I have come across repeatedly what pi doesn't like.

(1)
pi does not like ATI or AMD graphic card. If you are using pi the way I did - I push pi to its limit - you will know. When come to a point where pi will crash and shut down! Some times it'll hung, nothing move - even though the mouse move and can click - it will not give you a normal work flow.

pi love Nvidia graphic card. I don't know the reason. It will never ever crash! You can add a 60fps, 1024x1024 sprite with 10 other sprites exisedt in one emitter without crash! Even if you are doing in HD or higher quality emitter!

A 1Gb graphic card of ATI/AMD is not equal to a 1Gb graphic card of Nvidia.

(2)
pi crash and shut down every time when you are using long (90fps)animated 256x256 sprite. Limit your emitter sprite within the emitter in whole. This is limit to the amount of ram it can take in a 32bit windows. You can get by with short animated sprite and less sprite added to the emitter in whole.

I guarantee you with 100%, avoid ATI/AMD graphic card for pi and your misery will appear no more.

Rath

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]