FORUMS: list search recent posts

A new little video

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Hansen
A new little video
on Mar 6, 2012 at 7:00:51 pm

Haven't checked in here for awhile but I just make a little video using a # of PI emitters and wanted to share it... Paul

Return to posts index

Bob Moyer
Re: A new little video
on Mar 6, 2012 at 7:37:43 pm

Paul,
As always - well done! It brought a much needed smile to my day. Thanks.

Bob

Return to posts index

Paul Hansen
on Mar 6, 2012 at 7:39:41 pm

Thanks, Bob and thanks for responding. ,.. Paul

compulsively creative

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Mar 6, 2012 at 8:40:02 pm

Nice work Paul! Must have taken quite a bit of work.

Alan.

Alan Lorence
Product Manager
GenArts, Inc.
http://www.genarts.com
http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Paul Hansen
on Mar 6, 2012 at 10:57:46 pm

Thanks, Alan...I especially appreciate it coming from you. It took a lot of time but no work at all since I am compulsively creative. Creativity and humor are the meaning of Life to me!

compulsively creative

Return to posts index

Philip Knight
on Mar 12, 2012 at 10:13:11 pm

You're most welcome.

Truth is this "serious hobby" of mine using Sony Vegas Pro and PI as well as Cubase for my music is kind of like my second childhood.

I remember when the first (and only?) full length Disney "Peter Pan" came out in the mid 60s or so. I was blown away by all the stardust effects (Tinkerbell doing her thing) as well as the signature Disney castle-and-fireworks stuff.

In design school, my love for light and glows got me into airbrush. Then a long and winding road later beginning in 2003 or so, I bought a $5 webcam and did my first video. Then went to Pinnacle Studio 8 and an SD camcorder off of eBay, then Vegas and then a Canon HV30 HD camcorder.

My signature style is in one sense rather Disney-eeque even though the subject matter is philosophical, spiritual/non-religious. It's a lot of work but fulfilling. Gets me into the Zone :)

If you wish to see some of my vid ditties, all pretty short, copy the following into Google -- youtube compasssionsensuality -- and then choose the "CompassionSensuality's Channel - YouTube" link/hit.

(My apologies for this, but this board doesn't allow live links, so this is an alternative go-to.)

--- The "Yoni Metta" and "Middle East Truth" ones have the most PI use in them. The latter was my very first attempt at using PI so a bit rougher around the edges, but hey, it got an Honorable Mention at Rederosity.com in 2006. Not bad for a old fart newbie - lol.

I'm slogging through a more complex complement to the "Yoni Metta" one. My next-generation in terms of polish.

All the best and keep up the fun!

~ Philip Knight

========== Owner/operator of CompassionSensuality.Net - (http://www.compassionsensuality.net/) ==========
“Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion.” ~ The Dalai Lama

Return to posts index

Paul Hansen
on Mar 12, 2012 at 11:06:48 pm

Wow, Philip! Wonderful and poetic use of Particle Illusion! I appreciate the philosophy and the tender way it is presented.

Paul

compulsively creative

Return to posts index

Philip Knight
on Mar 13, 2012 at 4:49:05 am

Thanks, most kind.

I dropped out of design college in 1978 about one month from finishing due to a major life crises. But, hey, I still walked away with what I learned, all the little tiny artiste tricks on how to make stuff look good :)

So no diploma, but then so what, right? lol
In fact, I did also work as a graphics and display designer later.
So nuttin' lost :)

========== Owner/operator of CompassionSensuality.Net - (http://www.compassionsensuality.net/) ==========
“Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion.” ~ The Dalai Lama

Return to posts index

Paul Hansen
on Mar 13, 2012 at 5:00:00 am

LOL...College is great but, one thing they can't teach is TALENT. My father was a prof at UC Berkeley and he worked with PhD students. He worked especially hard with the ones who were having a hard time with it. He said "Getting a PhD and using a PhD are two completely different talents and seldom go together."

compulsively creative

Return to posts index

Philip Knight
on Mar 11, 2012 at 5:31:43 am

Paul,

Phunny schtuff :) And being a 57 year old guy who's essentially retired due to a form of disability, it's GREAT to see someone over 25 really enjoying making videos and using PI like a kid would. Childlike glee and glow keeps one young whatever the age our biosuit is supposed to be as stated on our driver's licenses.

This one is tighter and more polished than your first one though that one wuz phunny in its own way.

In short, your fun with this stuff is an enjoy-life inspiration.
Way to go, brother!

~ Philip

Return to posts index

Paul Hansen
on Mar 11, 2012 at 5:41:23 am

Thanks, Phillip... I am still polishing that video... why? Because it is fun! Creativity and humor are my life's blood! I don't know if you noticed the goggles I was wearing when the space ship took off... Those were a plastic handle that was used to carry two gallons of grape juice from CostCo. When I took them off the bottle I thought, "This really looks like Darth Vader's Summer helmet!" Any guy who would ride a toilet paper role into space could only afford a space suit like that! Hey! Stay creative.

Thanks, again, for your encouraging note

Warm regards, Paul

compulsively creative

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
on Apr 25, 2012 at 12:37:38 am

Hi Paul,

Long time no talk. Great Job! I always enjoy watching your creations. Very good. Sorry, I missed your email from 9-26-2011 from the cow. I unfortunately get spammed a lot and I missed your email.

I Hope all is well.

- - - - -
FixitMAD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]