FORUMS: list search recent posts

Turn off Effect at Desired Frame?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lin Evans
Turn off Effect at Desired Frame?
on Nov 3, 2011 at 2:51:20 am

Other than the time span of "Life," is there a way to turn off an effect at a particular frame? If not, that would be a wonderful addition to get microsecond timing for effect handling...

Thanks,

Lin

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Turn off Effect at Desired Frame?
on Nov 3, 2011 at 11:05:46 pm

Depends on the effect and what you mean by "turn off".

1) Try the "active" graph.

2) Try stepping the "number" graph down to zero to stop creating particles.

Alan.

Alan Lorence
Product Manager
GenArts, Inc.
http://www.genarts.com
http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Lin Evans
on Nov 3, 2011 at 11:49:26 pm

Hi Alan,

What I mean by "turn off" the effect might be explained as follows:

Let's say I have a birthday cake with candles. I use a "candle" flame effect and light a candle sequentially every five frames until I have ten candles lit.

Now a strong wind comes along around frame 200 and I have sound effects for that programmed in the video. I want to extinguish all candles with a "puff" of wind at frame 205.

It's easy to "turn on" an effect at a specific frame, but how do I "kill" the flame instantly at frame 205?

Best regards,

Lin

Return to posts index

Lin Evans
on Nov 4, 2011 at 2:44:15 am

Hi Alan,

O.K., I think I understand now - I wasn't getting the "visibility" feature - but I understand now that the graph refers to frames and intensity levels so if I want to extinguish a particular effect at say frame 100 for the duration of a clip, I move the point to zero and to avoid a long and gradual extinguish time I put insert a point just prior to the "keyframe" where I want the effect to stop to "hold" the 100% effect to that time. I'm used to keyframing, but not having a graphical representation - it's actually a very clear issue now that my thick skull has been "penetrated." Sorry for the confusion, it's perfectly clear in your instructions - just was "muddy" in my head.

Thanks,

No need to respond... Lin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]