FORUMS: list search recent posts

I save but I see NOTHING in my save folder

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bart Molen
I save but I see NOTHING in my save folder
on Sep 12, 2011 at 4:31:18 pm

Hello

I just bought this today and really excited to get started. I have to say so far I am frustrated. I followed a start tutorial. When I save I see it render, then when i go into my save file its not there. I have tried many different settings and all fail to show up. Please don't insult my intelligence by saying, are you sure you didn't forget which folder you saved it in. DESKTOP.

Now, if I do a search I see it in the search list. I click and error in form its missing short cut WTF.

Some one please tell me whats going on, or did I buy a bugged software. Using Window 7.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: I save but I see NOTHING in my save folder
on Sep 12, 2011 at 4:37:51 pm

What format are you saving in? Have you tried different formats (like JPG output)? If you do JPG output I suggest creating a folder -- don't save it to your desktop or you'll have too many files there.

What size is your stage (which sets the output resolution)?

I suggest trying a 320x240 project and see if that saves correctly. If it does, then the problem is probably with pIllusionRender (pIRender) the app that does the render if it's too large to be done inside particleIllusion itself.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Bart Molen
on Sep 12, 2011 at 4:58:24 pm

This is what is happening. I press the RED button, a window opens, I select the folder where I want to save. Now this is weird, I see all the other that I have saved from before. However If I goto that folder I see nothing.I right click on that folder> properties and it informs me there are no folder in there, again WTF.

What size is your stage (which sets the output resolution)? No clue what you mean by this "stage"?

this is what I am doing

1. click the red button
2. select WMV (format) I have tried them all.
3. WM9 HDTV 720 24p
4. A new window open option out put, everything is greyed out , so I press OK
5. Watch the percent top left hand corner goto 100%
6. goto to my save folder
7. say WTF because its not there
8. repeat with new format

Thanks

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Sep 12, 2011 at 6:02:10 pm

The "stage" is the main work area that defines the size of your project.

I suspect this is a Windows 7 security thing. Try creating a new folder, like "C:\test_renders". Then use that new folder as the location you save the output to.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Bart Molen
on Sep 13, 2011 at 2:24:31 am

Hi thanks for helping.

I just installed on my old xp computer and having the same issue, so I cannot see how this a window 7 security problem.

Am I saving the file wrong, if I did it should still create some type of file since I see it render.

When I try to save again i see the other file that was saved before, only in save option window, not in the actual folder.

Where is my file (scratches head)?

I'm starting to believe my software has issues and not my two pc's.

Would it help if I made a video clip and posted here , to help solve this problem?

Return to posts index

Bart Molen
on Sep 13, 2011 at 1:14:45 pm

Hello

I have made a clip to show you what i am doing maybe you see something that I am doing wrong.

Return to posts index

Bart Molen
on Sep 13, 2011 at 3:03:49 pm

Okay Finally worked out what the problem was. My virus program was sandboxing all the files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]