FORUMS: list search recent posts

Background Avi moving through a PI Cloud??

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Frost
Background Avi moving through a PI Cloud??
on Sep 3, 2011 at 3:15:24 am

Hello there.

I have a quick question over background Avi files.

Is it possible to add an animation (say a word that zooms towards the "camera") that can give the effect of moving through a PI cloud?

I do know that there are other ways to do this, but I already have a rendered avi file which has been done in a 3d package, and I would like to use PI to make a cloud effect (or use one of the effects from an Emitter library) and have the illusion of the Avi animation passing through the cloud.

Can it be done, and if so... how?

Thanks.

Steve

Return to posts index

Tom Granberg
Re: Background Avi moving through a PI Cloud??
on Sep 3, 2011 at 3:01:22 pm

Hi

If I understand you correctly.
You will have to have a alpha mask for your avi, and preferably a Z depth mask as well.
Then you need to use one of the emitters in P Illusion as both backdrop and foreground.
That is one behind the avi and one or more on top both using the alpha and not using the alpha to make it work.

ps. Making one volume(solid or not) go trough another volume is always going to take some work. That's why you need to plan your shots ahead of time, and how you want to solve it.

T

Return to posts index

Steve Frost
Re: Background Avi moving through a PI Cloud??
on Sep 4, 2011 at 2:09:31 am

Thanks for the reply Tom.

Yes I kind of thought it would be harder to use an Avi to do this with. However I think in this instance I will simply use a Text emit in PI to do the "3d" text zoom effect and add the clouds then render it all out.

Cheers

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]