FORUMS: list search recent posts

Activation Peeve/Suggestion - But Also an Apology

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Knight
Activation Peeve/Suggestion - But Also an Apology
on Jul 23, 2011 at 10:57:48 pm

Hi Alan,

As recently stated in my request to having (again) re-activate PI after a system rebuild where I had done so without problems, barely used PI, then yesterday being asked to activate again...

I find this activation process cumbersome and a nuisance. Most other software companies seem to grant legitimate users their serial number + PERMANENT product key/activation and that makes it easier for all concerned - user can fix/activate the situation on her or his own without bothering tech support.

I also pointed out recently as well as to you by email that this has unfortunately not stopped PI from being pirated, torrented, etc. Whether they are actually able to use it even with a crack copy, I don't know because I've never engaged in such unscrupulous behavior.

And perhaps it is the way PI works that makes it harder to do this, I don't know. So I don't have the whole picture, yet I still feel that the suggested approach above would make things easier for everyone.

All that said...

Voicing a viewpoint, perhaps even one that has some merit doesn't change one thing: your generosity towards me years ago when I first got PI as well as all of your help here and by support email.

In short, I don't want to come off as an ingrate.

While I do not make a living with PI due to my being a retired/disabled individual, the joy I get out of creating my own effects with PI is literally priceless. My particular visual style as in part represented by the short video on my site's homepage wouldn't be possible without PI.

So please accept my apologies if my perhaps somewhat hissy-fit feedback on this activation process felt disrespectful to you in any way. It was never intended as such.

Sincerely,

Philip Steven Knight
CompassionSensuality.Net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]