FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matte as Deflector

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ra-ey Saleh
Matte as Deflector
on Jul 20, 2011 at 4:03:00 am

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but...
I'm creating the illusion of snow falling of a green screened couple. I really want the snow to fall on them and then stick as it would in real life, even as they're moving a little. I can pull a matte and bring it into pI. I just wondered if there was any clever way way of 'deflecting' the snow and making it stick using the matte information rather than drawing around the matte and animating it frame by frame.
I've attached a sample matte.

Ra-ey

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Matte as Deflector
on Jul 20, 2011 at 1:57:00 pm

I wish I could say this were possible, but it's not... the matte (alpha) can only be used to create particles, not deflect them.

I was thinking that you might be able to use a second emitter that is non-moving or very slow-moving snow, moving upward (very slowly) created from the mask. That probably wouldn't be good enough though.

Sorry.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Ra-ey Saleh
on Jul 20, 2011 at 11:14:58 pm

No worries Alan. I remembered you could do clever things with Mattes from when I read the manual a LONG time ago, but wasn't sure if this was one of them.
Thanks anyway.

Ra-ey

Return to posts index

Ra-ey Saleh
on Aug 2, 2011 at 12:06:03 am

Alan,
Are there any plans to add this functionality to future version?

Ra-ey

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Aug 2, 2011 at 2:35:08 am

Are you requesting it?

Feel free to put together a list of any features that would be useful for you. For best consideration, include as much detail in how you'd use the feature, what you'd do with it, how you expect it to work, etc.

For example, saying "use matte as a deflector" is minimally helpful. Saying you want particles to be able to bounce off the edges, or stick, or penetrate to some extent, or to erode the matte -- or whatever -- that's more helpful as it gives us more to work with.

You can email them to support@wondertouch.com if you're not comfortable posting details here.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

Ra-ey Saleh
on Aug 2, 2011 at 2:41:08 am

Thanks Alan, I'll put together a more detailed feature request and send it to your Support.

Ra-ey

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]